PDA

View Full Version : First coring w/Woodcut Bowl Saver

Jim Kountz
01-09-2009, 8:47 PM
Well my latest toy, the Woodcut Bowl Saver has turned out to be all I was hoping it was and more. I roughed out this 15.25" maple blank and cored it this afternoon with the Woodcut. Fedex just dropped it off this morning so this is my first attempt with it. I am very pleased with the thing!! Right out of the box is was easy to assemble, easy to setup and very easy to use. My Jet 1642 just gobbled right through the hard maple and the Woodcut never even hesitated. I ended up with a 15" an 11" and an 8". This is about as big as I can go with the 1642, I also got to use my new 5/8 Thompson V gouge. Thats one awesome tool too!! Overall Im just tickled as I can be, the Woodcut in my opinion is a winner!!

Bill Bolen
01-09-2009, 8:57 PM
Congrats Jim! Looks like that system is going to do very well for you. It is the same one I have been considering too. Can't wait to see all 3 finished and posted...Bill...

Don Carter
01-09-2009, 9:11 PM
Jim:
Now that is cool! Those look very good and three out of one blank! Sounds a winner to me. Congratulations of both gloats...

All the best.

Don

Jeff Nicol
01-09-2009, 9:19 PM
Jim, I was looking at that setup when I got the Mcnaughton. I like the ability to vary the cuts and experiment some too!

Again great bowls!

Jeff

Bernie Weishapl
01-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Congrats Jim. You sound like a kid that just walked into a candy store with $10 in hand. Fun isn't it. You are going to love that Thompson gouge.