PDA

View Full Version : Record Cornet wood lathe

Dahl Troy Perry
01-08-2009, 6:57 PM
Looking for manual for this lathe need to know how to adjust the head bearing it is starting to get louse it is a brass bushing that has bearing nuts on both sides of head. Have search the internet can't find manual if anyone has one that can tell me how to adjust would help.

Dahl

Paul Girouard
09-04-2016, 11:43 PM
2009 thread with no answers , did you figure this out? I have the manual, if you're still looking for the answer let me know.

robert baccus
09-06-2016, 11:13 PM
If this is a tapered bronze bearing like most just clean, regrease, tighten by hand until just snug--back off a frog hair and lock in place. These are great bearings and are superior to ballbearings in most ways. Easy to adjust ALL slack out and smoother than ball bearings.

Leo Van Der Loo
09-07-2016, 11:16 PM
Looking for manual for this lathe need to know how to adjust the head bearing it is starting to get louse it is a brass bushing that has bearing nuts on both sides of head. Have search the internet can't find manual if anyone has one that can tell me how to adjust would help.

Dahl

It helps if you call the thing by it’s name, CORONET, NOT Cornet, if you google that you will find lots of info.

Here are two pictures, one of the headstock maintenance and one of the accessories for the lathe, HTH :)

343703 343704