PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in fund raising?

Rick Lucrezi
01-08-2009, 5:59 PM
I was thinking about donating something. I had an idea. Lots of folks here with talent and maybe some free time. If we polled the members to find a charity that gets a majority vote, than those interested could donate some of their work, than it could be auctioned off. Proceeds go to the charity in the name of Sawmill Creek? Any thoughts or input is very welcome. I'm no millionaire but I have been fortunate enough and would like to give something.

Scott Donley
01-08-2009, 6:23 PM
Good idea but you really need a Mod that is willing to put in a LOT of extra hours to run it, plus a way to collect funds.We had this one http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=44760&highlight=judes but could not have done it without Andy. Could not have happened without him. Thanks again Andy

PS: forgot how much fun this thread was to read !

Justin Leiwig
01-08-2009, 6:39 PM
I was thinking about donating something. I had an idea. Lots of folks here with talent and maybe some free time. If we polled the members to find a charity that gets a majority vote, than those interested could donate some of their work, than it could be auctioned off. Proceeds go to the charity in the name of Sawmill Creek? Any thoughts or input is very welcome. I'm no millionaire but I have been fortunate enough and would like to give something.

Not to sound rude or anything...but if you feel like contributing to charity how about contributing to the creek to keep the doors open? I takes a lot of money to run a website like this. If not that at least consider making a donation to the freedom pens project here at the creek.

I'm all for donating and tithing, but I also believe you need to take care of your own first and formost. It's only $6 to gain all the features of the forum, and it may help keep the lights on for another year here.

Rick Lucrezi
01-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Not to sound rude or anything...but if you feel like contributing to charity how about contributing to the creek to keep the doors open? I takes a lot of money to run a website like this. If not that at least consider making a donation to the freedom pens project here at the creek.

I'm all for donating and tithing, but I also believe you need to take care of your own first and formost. It's only $6 to gain all the features of the forum, and it may help keep the lights on for another year here.

I am all for that, but was thinking much bigger.

Larry Edgerton
01-09-2009, 10:07 PM
I tried that a couple of times Rick, donating to the local library items I had made and I would have been better off to just give them money. It was a raffle ticket deal, and they would not do as I asked, sell tickets for $10 apiece, and instead sold them for $1. They sold 374 tickets at $1 for an item that I would have charged 2500-3000 for. By selling the tickets for $1 they devalued the item and the importance of the work and so didn't bring in enough money. They wasted my time, and life is too short. I can not help those who are stupid and lazy is my new motto.

Rick Lucrezi
01-10-2009, 11:04 AM
That's a shame Larry. Well if the interest occurs, I am in.