PDA

View Full Version : every journey starts......

Jack Wood
06-22-2004, 4:18 PM
Well I have begun to educate my self in what has been a life long interest, woodworking, and recently finished(well it's never really finished is it:D )my work shop out back of the house. I am planning on taking a cabinet making course at the local trade school and learn how to use all of the tools I have placed in it. Here is an Adirondack chair I made as a first project along with the small table beside it. Don't know that Norm Abrahams has anyhting to worry about just yet:p I also have built a dog house and a rabbit hutch and a potting bench for the wife, practical items, gotta crawl before you can walk. This forum has already helped out with a few things and I appreciate it for being here:) THANKS!

Dick Parr
06-22-2004, 4:33 PM
Nice looking chair Jack.

Jason Tuinstra
06-22-2004, 5:34 PM
Jack, it looks like you have a nice seat there. These chairs are always a nice adition to any house.

Jack Wood
06-22-2004, 10:49 PM
Thanks guys, I picked this project because it used a lot of the tools I have bought recently to use in my shop. It made me realize that I have a way to go before I start making items for in the house:D

Todd Burch
06-23-2004, 12:35 AM
A comfortable chair is a good thing to have while contemplating the next project. I commend you on your choice of hobbies!