PDA

View Full Version : New Fein Turbo's with variable suction

chris dub
01-08-2009, 4:47 PM
Has any one gotten or used the new Fein Turbo I or II vac? I see they have the new variable suction feature now. Now that the new ones are out I would suspect the older ones will be popping for a little cheaper more often. 2 questions, on the older turbo I’s do they support 19 amps? And for the new ones, how valuable do you find the variable suction feature?

Dewey Torres
01-08-2009, 5:30 PM
Variable suction:confused:

I would think you would always want all of the suction wouldn’t you?

Gary Curtis
01-08-2009, 6:07 PM
On the amperage for a portable tool plugged in through the vac, I believe the rating on the Turbo II is either 18 or 19. But it is close.

Variable speed vacuums are important when using sanders that behave as if they were "glued down" by too much DC suction. No need to buy a new model Fein, however, because you can use the angled hose handle which has a sliding suction control. Just insert the handle in line with the hose to the sander, and you can regulate the sticking action of the tool.

Gary Curtis

John Hedges
01-08-2009, 6:20 PM
No need to buy a new model Fein, however, because you can use the angled hose handle which has a sliding suction control. Just insert the handle in line with the hose to the sander, and you can regulate the sticking action of the tool.

Gary, do you have a picture of this. I am having a hard time picturing it.