PDA

View Full Version : Rigid R4511

Todd Crawford
01-08-2009, 10:56 AM
The new table saw from Rigid isn't showing up on the HD website anymore.... Anybody know what going on with it?

scott spencer
01-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Still showing on the Ridgid (http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R4511-Table-Saw/EN/index.htm) website.

Chuck Tringo
01-08-2009, 5:30 PM
Last I read said mid january...so hopefully next week or so

Tom Majewski
02-11-2009, 10:42 AM
I got a call yesterday from the Home Depot in central PA saying that the r4511 will be in store in 2 weeks. They were waiting until the old model they had in stock sold out.
Finally get to see one before I plunk down the cash.

Matt Woessner
02-11-2009, 11:21 AM
You guys might want to take a close look at the fence on that thing. I looked at one at the STL show and was not impressed. In fact I liked the older model much better.

Tom Majewski
02-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Well from the pictures I'm not impressed with the two piece rail, but I have an almost new Shop Fox Classic that can go on it if needed.

scott spencer
02-11-2009, 11:31 AM
You guys might want to take a close look at the fence on that thing. I looked at one at the STL show and was not impressed. In fact I liked the older model much better.

The R4511's fence does not include faces, which can give the impression that it's a bit scrawny. If dressed up with faces, it'd look a great deal like the Delta T2 and Jet Proshop fences which are very well respected steel t-square designs often referred to as "Biese Lites". Not sure why the omitted the faces...I think a lot of people are put off by the appearance, but the faces not essential to basic function, and are easy enough to add if desired, so it should still function much like other steel t-square designs which many feel are a step up from the current dual locking aluminum model.