PDA

View Full Version : Why men die first

Mitchell Andrus
01-08-2009, 9:51 AM
Sometimes, ya gotta wonder....

Rick Lucrezi
01-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Wife's a teacher, she got a laugh from the chair kid. The rest is pretty ridiculous. How the heck did that guy even get up to the top of the second ladder. I would hate to be the guy holding it when it come crashing down.

The local Napa has a picture of a guy under his car, the car is up on its side with a couple 2x4s holding it up. I looks like a snare and the guys the bait.

Scott Donley
01-08-2009, 11:26 AM
A couple more:eek:

Randy Rose
01-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Why do husbands die before their wives ?

Because they want to....

Mitchell Andrus
01-08-2009, 12:03 PM
It's a wonder we made it to the 2000's as a species.

Belinda Barfield
01-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Look at it this way guys, these photos exemplify why men are our heroes. You are always willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. Most women, on the other hand, would just hire a mechanic, a landscape maintenance service, or some other handy person. We just lack in determination I guess. ;)

Scott Shepherd
01-08-2009, 1:53 PM
You are always willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.

Belinda, are you telling us men that we have a choice? I thought getting the jobs done was non-negotiable :D

Belinda Barfield
01-08-2009, 2:34 PM
Belinda, are you telling us men that we have a choice? I thought getting the jobs done was non-negotiable :D

You are correct Steve, particularly on Honey-Dos. It's just that in my limited experience it seems a job can sometimes become a test of engineering ingenuity. Prime examples above. Don't have a jack? Okay, just use some 4 x 4s. Men are heroes because they have the engineering gene and can figure out multiple ways to skin the cat. :) Apparently sometimes the stupidly courting death gene is also present. :D

Greg Cole
01-08-2009, 2:55 PM
Why do husbands die before their wives ?

Because they want to....
Or the wife isn't quite ready yet, still has to find the right outfit and fuss with that hair just a bit more.:D;):p
In my case, it'll be b/c LOML is late for any & everything.:rolleyes:

Colin Giersberg
01-08-2009, 4:58 PM
How the heck did that guy even get up to the top of the second ladder. I would hate to be the guy holding it when it come crashing down.

I assume he got it up there with "Photoshop". It's amazing what we could accomplish for our better halves if we could use Photoshop to make the hard work easy.

Eric Schniewind
01-08-2009, 5:09 PM
I don't know, all the guys in these photos appear to be alive to me.

Pat Germain
01-08-2009, 5:16 PM

At the moment, anyway. Dollars to doughnuts, those guys will come crashing down soon, if not in those particular incidents.

When I was in the Navy I used to get messages which were sent when a sailor did something stupid and died or was seriously injured. I wish I could have saved many of them. There's no end to the creative ways sailors kill themselves. Funny how a guy can work on an aircraft carrier flight deck for years without incident. Then he tries to trim his hedges with a walk-behind mower...

skip coyne
01-08-2009, 8:57 PM
you do have to wonder sometimes

Keith Outten
01-08-2009, 9:57 PM
Skip,

If I have ever seen anyone in dire need of a battery drill he is the one :)

Belinda Barfield
01-09-2009, 7:46 AM

Skip, the father of one of my high school friends died doing almost exactly what is shown in your photo. The only difference was the water was only an inch or deep. It happened years ago and I remember thinking at the time that it was a totally preventable and senseless death.

Kevin Arceneaux
01-09-2009, 7:59 AM

At least he had his safety glasses on.

skip coyne
01-09-2009, 8:44 AM
this one been a around awhile , I hope its a joke and not real

when I was growing up power tools outside where taken a a serious matter , rubber soled shoes , dry board to stand on and rubber gloves

(before the days of GFCI and cordless tools )

Jim Sears
01-09-2009, 9:06 AM
Those are the "before" photos. The morgue photos were too graphic.

Frank Hagan
01-09-2009, 11:44 AM
You are correct Steve, particularly on Honey-Dos. It's just that in my limited experience it seems a job can sometimes become a test of engineering ingenuity. Prime examples above. Don't have a jack? Okay, just use some 4 x 4s. Men are heroes because they have the engineering gene and can figure out multiple ways to skin the cat. :) Apparently sometimes the stupidly courting death gene is also present. :D

My LOML has a slightly different take on it. She'll point to an eve without rafters on it and say "put a porch swing hanging here." I'll look, and say "You can't do that! There's nothing to support it!" and she will say "that doesn't sound like my problem at all." She's the designer, I'm the engineer.

There is always a solution, even if it includes using welded square steel tube through the wall and attached to a suitable anchor (wall studs). The porch swing would have been fine under the big beefy beam near the front door, but hey, she's the designer ...

I worked for a company that did medical graphics for courtroom use, and I saw some very strange x-rays from industrial accidents. The back story was usually that something was done like in these pictures, but often enough it was a combination of those brief moments of stupidity we are all subject to with incredibly bad timing.