PDA

View Full Version : (Sheet) music cabinet

Charlie Schultz
01-07-2009, 9:04 PM
A sheet music cabinet I did. Walnut with an oil finish (Tru Oil). The fans are carved.

Jim Becker
01-07-2009, 9:37 PM
Charlie, nice work...and a lot of it with those carved fans!

gary Zimmel
01-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Charlie

Nice job on the music sheet cabinet.

Great touch with the carved fans!

Margaret Turco
01-08-2009, 2:24 AM
Hi Charlie,

What are the dimensions on this piece, and what thickness wood did you use? I would love to make something that beautiful to put next to a walnut piano! Great job!

Dewey Torres
01-08-2009, 2:39 AM
Nice carvings!

Oh and nice cabinet as well. Thanks for sharing!

Charlie Schultz
01-08-2009, 6:10 AM
Thanks all.

Margaret,
It's 33.5" tall, 15.5" deep and 17.5" wide. The width and depth are determined by the oddest-shaped pieces of printed music I happen to have. The drawer faces are 3" high (the drawers have backs but no sides).

John Thompson
01-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Excellent work Charlie but... I expect that from an Atlanta resident. :)

Just kidding about the last part as the drawer cabinet is well done. Have you carved for long and how did you learn? I have given it some thought but I have difficulty drawing a straight line on paper.. much less making it flow to look like something.

Beautiful piece...

Sarge..

Charlie Schultz
01-08-2009, 10:17 AM
John,
Thanks. I really just started carving- I followed Mike Henderson's tutorials over in the woodcarving section and gave it a go. By the time I got to the ninth drawer I was starting to get the hang of it. And btw, I'm actually in Snellville.

John Thompson
01-08-2009, 11:27 AM
John,
Thanks. I really just started carving- I followed Mike Henderson's tutorials over in the woodcarving section and gave it a go. By the time I got to the ninth drawer I was starting to get the hang of it. And btw, I'm actually in Snellville.

And I'm actually about 5 miles up the street from "Snellville.. Where Everybody is Somebody" in Lawrenceville where I grew up when all that you see today in Gwinnett Co. was cotton farms. Unfortunately things have changed as I'm sure you will agree. :)

Regards neighbor...

Sarge..

Margaret Turco
01-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the info on the size Charlie. A lot of that older sheet music does happen to be larger sized and should fit really well in your cabinet.