PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen progress

alex grams
01-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Well, this isn't fully a woodworking project, but I did just finish the paneling below the chair rail.

We've been in the house about 1.5 years and have been knocking out parts of the kitchen we wanted redone. Since Thanksgiving we have taken down wallpaper, retextured, painted, put in crown, put up chair rail/paneling, reframed all of the doors in the kitchen, and I am rounding out the tile over the window now. I enjoy both construction and woodworking projects, along with doing tile, so I like projects that will allow those 3 aspects to be used and shown off.

Next on the list is to rebuild the cabinets. All are going to get replaced with cherry, the top ones being completely rebuilt to go all the way to the ceiling with a shorter top shelf w/ doors. The bottom cabinets will keep the carcasses and be re-face-framed, with most double doors being replaced with deep drawers. The top cabinets near the ceiling will have frosted glass in the doors to help add some aesthetics.

Eventually we are going to re-tile the floor also, but that is going to probably be the most physically exhaustive and demanding work I've done yet on the house, so I don't look forward too that day being anytime soon.