PDA

View Full Version : 3 months later - vanity is done

Todd Burch
06-22-2004, 1:16 AM
Remember this post? http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=7393 from back in Feb?

Well, this evening I finally finished the job. I've been waiting on the client to return from vacation, finish their floor and install their dark green marble countertop and sink so I could build the undersink pullout and shelf and mount the fake doors.

When the client said they were going with green marble and green paint, I wasn't sure I would like it with the RED RED cherry, but it really does look good.

The first pullout I made, I forgot to subtract an inch for the hardware slides. :( Ugg. So, I made another pullout, which fit! Then, I went to mount the shelf, and the pullout would not close - the shelf hit the sink and drain pipes. :( Ugg. So, I made another shelf. I installed all the hardware too, and cleaned it up a bit from where the floor contractor got it messy around the toe kick area.

Can you spell "closure?" :D

Todd Burch
06-22-2004, 1:18 AM
Here's the completed line case. Todd

Tim Sproul
06-22-2004, 1:50 AM
wwwoooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaa...

superb as always... :)

Jim Guy
06-22-2004, 4:52 AM
Todd, if you keep this up we're going to expect this kind of work from you all the time. Wait a minute, you already do this kind of work all the time.
Simply beautiful!

Aaron Montgomery
06-22-2004, 7:52 AM
Wow! Nice Todd! I've still got a week of vacation left, when is your next seminar? :)

Jim Becker
06-22-2004, 8:22 AM
I think it looks outstanding, Todd. No problem with the marble or paint, either. Sometimes it's hard to envision what something might look like, but I have cherry up against green in our powder room and it works. (Of course, cherry would work anywhere for me!)

Dan Smith
06-22-2004, 8:29 AM
Todd,

That looks great! As always, very nice work.

How wide is the top? Typical 22"?? I am going to build the vanity for our upstairs master bath, but we want to go a little narrower (either 18 or 20") for extra clearance around the whirlpool tub I will be installing. Ever do a double sink vanity with only and 18" top? Over all it will be 60" long. Too narrow?

-dan

Todd Burch
06-22-2004, 9:18 AM
I built the cabs 24" deep, so the top is 26 1/2' deep. Todd Thanks!

Tyler Howell
06-22-2004, 9:29 AM
I'm getting tired of saying Too Nice!

Chris Padilla
06-22-2004, 10:18 AM
Geez, that is alot of screw-ups, Todd...and here I thought you were getting better at this wood stuff...sigh....

Looks very, very nice! ;)

Daniel Rabinovitz
06-22-2004, 10:22 AM
Todd
You set the standard!
They look great.
Daniel :confused:

Kent Cori
06-22-2004, 11:11 AM
Todd,

According to another thread on this forum, we are not allowed to discuss politics or religion. Therefore, I am prevented by our TOS from voting for you as my favorite woodworking god. :D

Boyd Gathwright
06-22-2004, 11:23 AM
Nice work, Todd.

Boyd ;)

Remember this post? http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=7393 from back in Feb?

Well, this evening I finally finished the job. I've been waiting on the client to return from vacation, finish their floor and install their dark green marble countertop and sink so I could build the undersink pullout and shelf and mount the fake doors.

When the client said they were going with green marble and green paint, I wasn't sure I would like it with the RED RED cherry, but it really does look good.

The first pullout I made, I forgot to subtract an inch for the hardware slides. :( Ugg. So, I made another pullout, which fit! Then, I went to mount the shelf, and the pullout would not close - the shelf hit the sink and drain pipes. :( Ugg. So, I made another shelf. I installed all the hardware too, and cleaned it up a bit from where the floor contractor got it messy around the toe kick area.

Can you spell "closure?" :D

Mike Scoggins
06-22-2004, 1:05 PM
Great job again. Everything you do (or at least that we get to see :D )seems to be of the highest quality. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Roger Fitzsimonds
06-22-2004, 1:17 PM
Todd
You are a master Craftsman , no doupt about it. Great work.

Roger

Jason Tuinstra
06-22-2004, 5:47 PM
Todd, everything turned out just perfect on this one. I really like the look of the greenish top. Just right! Thanks for showing it off.