PDA

View Full Version : CL Multi-Router gloat

Gregory Stahl
01-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Picked up this Multi-Router in Chicago last night for $1500! The thing is virtually brand new. The owner said he had it for about two years, and only did a couple test cuts with it. His shop space is very small and it was constantly in the way, so decided to get rid of it.

It came with two templates and a PC router as well. The manual looks like it was never even opened--perfect condition.

Anybody in the market for a like new Laguna Platinum Series Slot Mortiser? Very low use--I'll even deliver within a couple hours of Madison Wisconsin.

Best,
Greg Stahl

M. A. Espinoza
01-07-2009, 4:21 AM
At first I thought I read $150 and just about flipped, but for a MultiRouter $1500 is still impressive.

Congrats on finding the Holy Grail, a multi router for sale. Seems like anyone that has one never wants to sell. And for what they go for new, its hardly an impulse buy.

If someone is willing to pay full price, they usually definitely know how valuable they can be. 1500 is a good deal and now you can get the air clamps with a clear conscience.

Of course it depends on the kind of work being done, not too useful in a kitchen cabinet shop. But for mortise and tenons, especially angled; its fantastic.

Awesome tool.

Mike Heidrick
01-07-2009, 5:25 AM
Going to be great on your furniture builds. Better keep the Plat. mortiser for the entry doors though - or now you can upgrade to the LBM200! Sweet find! Actually that was a Multirouter for $1200 - the router included was $300!!

sascha gast
01-07-2009, 5:36 AM
I have mine for 4 years now, paid full price and love it.

it's just a great tool, enjoy.
I actually put mine on a stand that is usually used for a 16-32 drumsander, the stand work great and it is very solid that way.

Rob Wright
01-07-2009, 9:48 AM
Greg - great GLOAT! I saw your slot mortiser on craigslist last night and thought about posting it in the deal section here. Congratulations!

Gregory Stahl
01-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Of course it depends on the kind of work being done, not too useful in a kitchen cabinet shop. But for mortise and tenons, especially angled; its fantastic.

Awesome tool.

Angled tenons are what sold me on it. I saw it in action at IWF and knew I had to have it. I aspire to build dining chairs, so it should prove useful.

I'll be in your beautiful state next week, Maui to be exact! Was thinking of taking a plane or helicopter ride down to the volcano. I'll probably be back in March again for business.

M. A. Espinoza
01-07-2009, 4:19 PM
Angled tenons are what sold me on it. I saw it in action at IWF and knew I had to have it. I aspire to build dining chairs, so it should prove useful.

I'll be in your beautiful state next week, Maui to be exact! Was thinking of taking a plane or helicopter ride down to the volcano. I'll probably be back in March again for business.

I used to work as a chairbuilder for a small furniture shop and they had four MultiRouters, I had never even heard of one before. Lots of folks balk at the price but they are worth it in a custom furniture shop. I will say the air clamps might be a near necessity, efficiency wise. You can really fly if you have them on a MR.

I now use a converted Inca mortising table, but still need to add the Z-axis to get full use from it for tenons. Its not JDS but it was free and does allow angled mortises.

Enjoy Hawaii, still new here and never have made it to Maui. Have some Musubi if you have a chance, its a great Spam-based Hawaiian rice roll you can find it any just about any grocery store and even most gas stations.

Hawaii is quite an experience, feels like a banana republic in a lot of ways here on the Big Island. But in the land of microclimates it is pretty cool to be able to go from rainforest to rolling grassland to desert to snow in about two hours. And we had whales off the coast outside our livingroom window the other day, pretty rare in Kansas.

Jason Hanko
01-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Greg - great GLOAT! I saw your slot mortiser on craigslist last night and thought about posting it in the deal section here. Congratulations!
Haha - I saw the same thing and drooled a little, but then realized I was dreaming if I were going to come up with those kinda funds this soon after Xmas...:rolleyes: