PDA

View Full Version : A simple fix for the MM 16 dust chute

Bruce Page
06-21-2004, 11:09 PM
The only complaint that I had with my new Mini Max 16 was the European sized dust chute that wouldn't accept my 4" American sized, quick connect hose. I made a quick trip to Woodcraft and bought a new chute for $4.99, drilled & tapped four 10-32 holes and 20 minutes later I was ready to make dust! ;)

Jim Becker
06-22-2004, 8:25 AM
So you did a five buck fix when you could have built a new, larger shop with a gonzo DC system that removed the need to move the hose from machine to machine? Sheesh!! :D What kind of investment is that?

Seriously, nice solution.

Chris Padilla
06-22-2004, 10:12 AM
I need a 6" on mine.... :D :p

Bruce Page
06-22-2004, 1:03 PM
So you did a five buck fix when you could have built a new, larger shop with a gonzo DC system that removed the need to move the hose from machine to machine? Sheesh!! :D What kind of investment is that?

Seriously, nice solution.
Jim,
I'll have a gonzo DC system in my retirement shop. With all the recessed lights & whatnot in my garage shop, a full fledge DC system would be near impossible.

Jim Becker
06-22-2004, 2:04 PM
I'll have a gonzo DC system in my retirement shop. With all the recessed lights & whatnot in my garage shop, a full fledge DC system would be near impossible.
Yes, I know...I was just busting!