PDA

View Full Version : Osborne Miter Gauge on Sale

Steve Roxberg
03-14-2003, 10:36 PM
Rockler appears to be clearing these out on their web site.

Osborne Miter Gauge

The unique triangular configuration of the Osborne Miter Gauge keeps it rigid all the way to the end of the fence for top precision. The locking plunger is machined for stops at 450, 300, 22-1/20, and 00. Other features include a larger-than-average 21'' bar and a calibration-free angle indicator. Works on both sides of the blade in full range of angles!

Regular $169, for $99

I have a Woodhaven and love it, but if your in the market this appears to be a good price.

Rod Peterson
03-15-2003, 1:06 AM
<br>
That appears to be the EB-2, which has been supplanted by the EB-3. I have no experience with either, but I seem to recall reading some discussions among some enthusiasts, and I gathered that there were quite a few improvements in the EB-3.

I happen to have pictures of both at my Norm's Tools section on my website (because Norm has used both; he is currently using the EB-3 since the first of this season). You can look at them <a href=http://www.woodbutcher.net/images/normstools/osborne-eb2.htm>here</a>.

It's still probably not a bad deal for a C-note, just so long as everyone understands they're getting a -2 and not a -3 at that price.

Herb Blair
03-15-2003, 6:44 AM
I just looked at the Rockler site. That looks like my EB-3. If it's an EB-2 it's still a good deal.
I have an EB-3 and love it. I didn't think I could get excited about a $170 miter guage until I started using it. It's a great addition to the table saw! I use the sliding stop alot to do repeditive cutoffs, and I've since quit using my miter sled since I started using the EB-3 for miters. Very accurate. If I didn't already have one, I'd be on the phone ordering one.

Herb

Dave Hammelef
03-15-2003, 8:51 AM
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/findprod.cfm?sku=5181&DID=6

here is the link to rockler the picture is definetly an Osborne 2. What they send might be someting different.