PDA

View Full Version : 2nd batch pencil pen atomizer**Pics**

Jim Ketron
06-21-2004, 10:39 PM
This is my 2nd batch with the pens here is a pencil, European style pen And a perfume atomizer.
Took a little time on the European style pen! It makes my 3rd pen 1st pencil and my 1st atomizer.
Just having some fun on the lathe.:)
Jim

http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules/gallery/albums/albuq78/Atomizer_pencil_pen.sized.jpg

John Miliunas
06-21-2004, 11:56 PM
Kind of addicting, ain't it? :) Nice job on all three. I've yet to try an atomizer, but lately, time has been my enemy! :mad: Keep 'em comin', Jim! :cool:

Jim Ketron
06-22-2004, 12:06 AM
Thanks John!
geting some practice in to start doing the freedom pens!
Jim

Chris Padilla
06-22-2004, 10:04 AM
What kinda wood did you use there, Jim?

Jim Ketron
06-22-2004, 3:52 PM
What kinda wood did you use there, Jim?Chris the Atomizer is purple heart pen is purple heart and the pencil is rosewood
I know it does not look like purple heart but it seems to be a darker purple today must be the oil in the wood.
Jim

John Olson
06-22-2004, 4:05 PM
Nice work Jim as someone who dose not turn the work fascinates me. Try taking the purple heart out side in the sun and see if that gives it back it's purple color. When I get purpleheart that is what they tell me to do.

Jim Ketron
06-22-2004, 4:13 PM
Nice work Jim as someone who dose not turn the work fascinates me. Try taking the purple heart out side in the sun and see if that gives it back it's purple color. When I get purpleheart that is what they tell me to do.
I think it works because The first 2 pens I took to work to show the guys and left it in the truck and it is very dark purple today and the same with the 2nd set today.
Jim