PDA

View Full Version : Photo Printers All In One

Craig D Peltier
01-06-2009, 2:41 PM
Opinions? Looking for the all in one type, printer, scanner and copier necessary only. No fax needed.

Im willing to spend about 250 on a new one with shipping.
I was looking at the reviews on canon, amazon an best buy on the Canon MX850. seems to have really nice reviews.

Im buying it for my folks. There's is a Kodak one that prints with a different type of ink. Maybe clay , anyways ink is alot cheaper on this model. I think the kodak has problems with the print head though.My dad had issues called Kodak they sent next day a new head and it happened again now he's just going to toss it.

So Id like to order one today or tommorrow. he wants it for photos 8x10s.

Thanks

Don Bullock
01-06-2009, 2:54 PM
I have a HP C6180 All-In-One that I like. It's one with 5 different ink cartridges plus black. I also use the HP Premium Plus paper with it.

Robert Eiffert
01-06-2009, 7:46 PM
We've been really happy with the HP5180. Thinking of upgrading to the c7280 for the duplex and doc feed.

Kurt Strandberg
01-06-2009, 8:06 PM
Just my opinion but instead of buying ink constantly I send the pics to Target and pick them up there

The printer we had would not work even if one ink was low not empty, low

Could not even print black and white if the other three color cartridges were low.

Bill Cunningham
01-06-2009, 9:12 PM
For years I used a HP Copyjet, weighs about 60 lbs and rated for 25,000 prints a month.. A set of four cartridges cost me almost 200 bucks.. It crapped out after 14 years, and I had to buy another printer.. Got a HP (full colour something or other..It works good) print/scan/copy/fax.. I only needed the copy, it's not even hooked up to a computer. I did not need colour but the thing only cost $29.00 new, and came with a colour and a black cartridge.. When they go dry, If the ink costs more that 29.00 I'll dump it and buy another one! It's not easy being green :D

Dave Verstraete
01-06-2009, 9:26 PM
HP C8180 here. Great little printer.

Jim Becker
01-06-2009, 9:26 PM
Professor Dr. SWMBO recently bought an HP OfficeJet for all those functions. In fact, I actually used it today to copy some documents, rather than using my scanner.

mark page
01-06-2009, 9:47 PM
I have the HP photosmart 2610 with more bells, buzzers, and gadgets than I will ever use. It's a couple years old now so probably outdated. Has fax, scanner, photo print, regular print, and probably more stuff than this I haven't used. Has worked well so far. Can't remember what I paid for it though. I think appx $300.00-$350.00

Jim O'Dell
01-06-2009, 9:53 PM
The "kids" bought the FIL an HP about 3 years ago. They really like it. We bought an HP Photosmart about a year ago, and love it. It's not the all in one, but has the 5 plus black cartridges. Much cheaper to run than the old Epsons we used to own. Cartridges are cheaper also. When we print pictures on the 4x6 photo paper, they look just like prints from the drug store photo machines. Vibrant colors, and crisp, sharp prints. I bet you can get an HP in your price range. Jim.

Ben Franz
01-07-2009, 12:27 AM
HP Photosmart C6150 - about $200 at Costco 1.5 years ago. Has sep. ink color cartridges but not cheap to replace. All HP printers seem to have a lot of "tics" - strange pauses and burps during print cycle. Also have a cheap Brother B/W laser for a workhorse printer - only $75 at Staples last fall.

Chris Damm
01-07-2009, 7:37 AM
We got a HP6380 for Christmas and love it. It's wireless so we can print of anywhere in the house (I told my wife it has to be on 1st!). I printed some pictures (4x6 format) and they came out beautiful. Next I printed to a larger format (on plain paper) and was surprised at the quatity. After that I used photo paper and the quality was as good as the smaller format. It's very easy to set up and use and cost us abougt $269 at Best Buy.

Pat Germain
01-07-2009, 12:27 PM
I agree with Kurt. Color ink cartridges are too expensive to make home picture printing cost effective.

My advice would be to buy a Dell B&W laser printer and send your picture files to Target or a local camera shop for printing.

Scanners are cheap. Although it would take another piece of real estate in your home office, I still think you'd be better off with a B&W laser printer and separate scanner.

Just my opinion after buying way too many $30.00 ink cartridges. :)