PDA

View Full Version : Multi Purpose Device Pictures

Dale Morris
01-05-2009, 10:57 PM

Here are the rest of the picures you guys wanted, but I sure as hell don't know what I'm doing I have not frigured out how to navigate around the creek yet!, But this was supposed to go with previous pictures from a thread about air filters.

Bear with me, someday I'll learn.

dale :)

Mike Heidrick
01-06-2009, 12:53 AM
What all does this machine do? It looks like it just made a contractor saw LOL. Something out of Willie Wonka.

Dewey Torres
01-06-2009, 1:20 AM
Dale,
What are you doing with the rest of the hollow space inside the outfeed?

Roger Warford
01-06-2009, 9:28 AM
Outfeed, downdraft, shop filter, storage, slices and dices? Did I get all of the functions?:)

Forgot to add - looks very nice!

Jim Becker
01-06-2009, 9:44 AM
Outfeed, downdraft, shop filter, storage, slices and dices? Did I get all of the functions?

Yup. It also satisfies the requirement for "something yellow" in the shop. :D

OP, very nice accommodation in a small space!

Roger Warford
01-06-2009, 9:50 AM
Ah, I see. Just found your post in the other thread (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=100508). Very nice indeed! Are the downdraft and air filtration functions one and the same (one blower)? How effective have you found this arrangement to be? Seems like a brilliant idea. I'm wondering why I haven't seen that concept posted before...

Dale Morris
01-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Yes, I use the same blower for the filter as I do for the downdraft table, I have 2 slide in filters on each side, one a cheapie pre filter, the other a very good hepa filter, I just slide them out and blow them off after using the table for sanding, It works great. I used to have a fine layer of dust on all my tools when I came in the shop in the AM, now I have none. I guess it is a Rube Goldberg invention but it sure works, the roller assembly lifts off when sanding, half of the cabinet has drawers and shelves for table saw accessiories, and the rollers made from PVC and wood dowels work very well. I don't know if you saw all the pictures. The rest are in the shop forum.

Dale

Dale Morris
01-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Willie Wonkaish, it may be but it sure works great, and it allows me to continuie wood working, As mentioned in the previous post I lost 53% of my lung capacity in an industrial accident, so the filter and dust collector system was a must. I had a Grizzly 2000CFM air filter, but it was way too loud, this one I put sound baffles in and isolated the motor and blower from the carccas with foam, it is very quiet.