PDA

View Full Version : Floral Cathedral Clock

Tim Bateson
01-05-2009, 5:19 PM
My wife has been wanting a centerpiece for our craft shows. Now that the Christmas rush is over, I've had time to complete the Floral Cathedral Clock - a Berry Basket Scroll Saw design.
I had to do some conversions as the design was for 1/4 wood. Mine is a mix of 1/4 and 1/8 ply. There were also a few design flaws that I've corrected for any future use. I wanted something different for the finish, so I used gray primer prior to assembly and 2 different kinds of texture paint for the finish. The job took 2 hours of laser time & 7 sheets of 24x12 ply. The setup - plan conversion clean-up between sheets & finishing was well over a week of work.

Frank Corker
01-05-2009, 5:23 PM
Nice choice of colour there Tim. I can see that you have done a wonderful job of putting it all together, well done.

Ray Uebner
01-05-2009, 6:52 PM
All I can say is WOW Looks great. That should be a show stopper.:)

Mike DeRegnaucourt
01-05-2009, 7:58 PM
Good job Tim!

Steve Clarkson
01-05-2009, 8:07 PM
Nice job Tim! That design alone almost makes me want to buy that Berry Basket CD!

I really like your choice of paint.....at first glance, I thought it was Corian!

Tim Bateson
01-05-2009, 8:27 PM
Thank you gentlemen.

George McGinnis
01-05-2009, 9:03 PM
Very nice. Good job!

Phil Garcia
01-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Tim that looks fantastic. Someone is bound to make an offer at the show....? What would you ask for such a piece??

Tim Bateson
01-06-2009, 12:43 PM
I haven't thought much about a price. I do know that at a craft show I'm not likely to get the $1/min of laser time or about $120. Those folks are finicky about spending money. They'll bulk at any reasonable price tag for something like this, but open their wallets wide for and old fork with plastic jewels glued to it, or a glass block with a bunch of Christmas lights shoved in it.
I look for this to be more of an attention getter.

Mitchell Andrus
01-06-2009, 2:28 PM
Nice job, that's a lot of work even with a laser assist.

You missed a bit of scrap (knock-out) above the lower left flower.

Tim Bateson
01-06-2009, 5:07 PM
Thanks Mitchell, Thousands of those little pieces, I'm not surprised I missed one. I am surprised it just happened to be on the one close-up I did. lol
This project did teach me to have a bag-less ShopVac under the table - quicker clean-up between sheets.

Michael Kowalczyk
01-06-2009, 6:13 PM
Good Eye Mitchell ;)
Great job Tim :)

I hope it attracts a lot of buyers instead of just tire kickers.