PDA

View Full Version : A Brand New Year

Belinda Barfield
01-05-2009, 1:31 PM
In my effort to have a more positive outlook in 2009 I'm trying to see the bright side of everything. My weight loss efforts are going swimmingly, I've only gained two pounds. :eek: At least is isn't five. We're having a beautiful day today, topping out at 77 with lots of sun. I'm healthy, not wealthy but doing alright, and striving frantically for wise. There's just one little thing that is really hanging me up. There's a big game Thursday night and I'm going to have to be a Gator's fan. (EEEEEEK!) I'm really trying to see the silver lining on this, and the only thing I can come up with is the possibility that the Gators will win. I thought about watching the game without choosing a team but I believe that to be impossible for me. I guess I'll just chalk this up as the year I did the unthinkable, and cheered for the Gators. :rolleyes:

How are you doing with your resolutions?

Jim Becker
01-05-2009, 2:11 PM
No resolutions, here, Belinda, but I always try to be positive. That's been somewhat hard sometimes with the way the economy has altered many landscapes, both at work and beyond. But I think that 2009 will continue to be "interesting" and hopefully, be rewarding in many ways, too.

Gary Garmar
01-05-2009, 4:30 PM
I understand your problem Belinda, I couldn't even hold my nose and cheer for the Gator's.

Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!

Kevin Arceneaux
01-05-2009, 5:28 PM
I am back working, so I can't complain too much, home on the weekends.

Dave Verstraete
01-05-2009, 5:52 PM
Belinda

Look at the brighter side!!! You could be from Michigan and be forced to root for the Lions. Oh Yeah we acheived something this year. A Record 0 wins

Lee Koepke
01-05-2009, 8:35 PM
In my effort to have a more positive outlook in 2009 I'm trying to see the bright side of everything. My weight loss efforts are going swimmingly, I've only gained two pounds. :eek: At least is isn't five. We're having a beautiful day today, topping out at 77 with lots of sun. I'm healthy, not wealthy but doing alright, and striving frantically for wise. There's just one little thing that is really hanging me up. There's a big game Thursday night and I'm going to have to be a Gator's fan. (EEEEEEK!) I'm really trying to see the silver lining on this, and the only thing I can come up with is the possibility that the Gators will win. I thought about watching the game without choosing a team but I believe that to be impossible for me. I guess I'll just chalk this up as the year I did the unthinkable, and cheered for the Gators. :rolleyes:

How are you doing with your resolutions?
Happy New Year Belinda !!!

I am looking forward to this thursday !!! ( I was glad to see ga do pretty good in their bowl game ) .......

Have a Great New Year !!!

David G Baker
01-05-2009, 11:46 PM
I too am from Michigan and agree with Dave. The Lions did the impossible. I am sure that folks didn't thing that they could accomplish such a feat.
Gators? Are those scaly things that haunt the Southern swamps and eat folks? :D

Ben Franz
01-06-2009, 1:13 AM
Five days in and:

1. Nice weather here, too. High 77 (mph wind speed), balmy 22F now.

2. LOML isn't speaking to me for imagined sins - I should apologize anyway just to get it over with but I'm enjoying the peace and quiet (kidding, kidding).

3. Stocks down - big surprise.

4. New car in body shop after hitting coyote on freeway. Previous car totalled last July when we hit a wild horse on Navajo Nation land in eastern AZ. Luckily noone was hurt but PETA is picketing my house and my own dogs are looking at me funny.

5. I found any pounds Belinda lost.

6. My alma mater just finished blowing another bowl game (to Texas) so they better send ME a check next time the alumni letter comes out.

BUT:

7. My 87 y.o. mother went to the oncologist today and the prognosis is quite a bit better than we originally feared so I'd have to say:

It's going fine :D:D:D:D

Belinda Barfield
01-06-2009, 8:11 AM
Five days in and:

1. Nice weather here, too. High 77 (mph wind speed), balmy 22F now.
2. LOML isn't speaking to me for imagined sins - I should apologize anyway just to get it over with but I'm enjoying the peace and quiet (kidding, kidding).
3. Stocks down - big surprise.

4. New car in body shop after hitting coyote on freeway. Previous car totalled last July when we hit a wild horse on Navajo Nation land in eastern AZ. Luckily noone was hurt but PETA is picketing my house and my own dogs are looking at me funny.

5. I found any pounds Belinda lost.

6. My alma mater just finished blowing another bowl game (to Texas) so they better send ME a check next time the alumni letter comes out.

BUT:

7. My 87 y.o. mother went to the oncologist today and the prognosis is quite a bit better than we originally feared so I'd have to say:

It's going fine :D:D:D:D

2. Just apologize.

4. Defensive driving course in your near future? (kidding)

7. Great news!

Glad things are going fine! :D

Belinda Barfield
01-06-2009, 8:20 AM
Gators? Are those scaly things that haunt the Southern swamps and eat folks? :D

Well David, those would be the nice Gators. The OTHER Gators are mean and nasty and eat sweet little Bulldogs for breakfast. I like the scaly gators, they make nice boots!;) So far I haven't found anyone that will make a pair of boots for me out of the football playing variety!:D

David G Baker
01-06-2009, 9:04 AM
Belinda,
If you really want boots made form the mean nasty football playing variety I am quite sure that the owners of the Lions will be happy to oblige. The boots will be warm and comfy because they will be lined with fur and topped with mane. :D

Jim Becker
01-06-2009, 9:15 AM
I The Lions did the impossible. I am sure that folks didn't thing that they could accomplish such a feat.

Hey, not many pro sports teams get to have a perfect season, you know... ;) :D

Thomas Knighton
01-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Well David, those would be the nice Gators. The OTHER Gators are mean and nasty and eat sweet little Bulldogs for breakfast. I like the scaly gators, they make nice boots!;) So far I haven't found anyone that will make a pair of boots for me out of the football playing variety!:D

Would you really want to be that close to the football playing variety? Personally, I'll pass on that one ;)

Leigh Costello
01-08-2009, 10:31 PM
My resolutions are never kept so I just decided to de-clutter my house. So far the "treasures" have been confined to one room-at a time that is. I keep moving stuff and it keeps breeding more. :eek: I decided to decrease my gravitational pull to the earth and gained 6 lbs. :eek: I decided to eat healthy and my poor abused digestive system rebelled. So now I sit here on the 'Creek and am glad for every day that I am blessed with.

Gary Herrmann
01-09-2009, 12:12 AM
See now, Belinda? You done good on at least one resolution.

Go Gators

Belinda Barfield
01-09-2009, 7:41 AM
See now, Belinda? You done good on at least one resolution.

Go Gators

Yes Gary, I guess I did. I didn't make it through the whole game but did check the score as soon as I woke up this a.m. I'll just say GO SEC! :D