01-05-2009, 12:22 PM
here are the remaining bracelets.

thanks for looking.

Pete Jordan
01-05-2009, 2:07 PM
Works of ART!

Jim Becker
01-05-2009, 2:41 PM
Really nice work Jeffrey! For some reason, I especially like that last walnut-only version, but they are all just wonderful!

Steve Schlumpf
01-05-2009, 4:11 PM
Once again - very nice work! Agree with Jim on the real clean look of the solid walnut version.

Bernie Weishapl
01-05-2009, 4:29 PM
Another very nice one. Well done.

Jeffrey Fusaro
01-05-2009, 6:25 PM
all--

thanks for the compliments.

jim--

the plain walnut piece was the first one off the lathe. there is something elegant about the single piece of wood. l.o.m.l. snagged that one right away. then she saw the red mallee/maple burl and decided that she needed one like that, too.

Gilbert Vega
01-05-2009, 6:40 PM
I guess I'm different because I like the Red Mallee/Maple burl better. :confused: ;)

alex carey
01-05-2009, 7:19 PM
those are really nice, I thought about doing some of those. How do you finish the inside of them?

Alex

Toney Robertson
01-05-2009, 8:26 PM
Jeffery,

I REALLY like all of them. Very nicely done.

Toney

Skip Spaulding
01-05-2009, 8:57 PM
Sure would have a hard time picking a favorite, they are all "BEAUTIFUL"! Great color and nice finish.

Jim Kountz
01-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Really nice job, how bout a tutorial on how you did those?? I would love to learn how to make these, my wife might actually start liking me again!! LOL

Jeffrey Fusaro
01-05-2009, 11:21 PM
those are really nice, I thought about doing some of those. How do you finish the inside of them?

Alex

alex--

i gently hold the bracelet by the inside diameter using the jaws of my chuck. a light, finger-tight grip with the chuck is enough to hold it for light cutting and sanding. i can cut/sand about two-thirds of the inside diameter, then i need to remove it from the chuck and turn it around to cut/sand the remaining one-third.

the sanding sealer and lacquer are applied off the lathe. i use bent wire hangers to minimize contact with the inside diameter while the finish is drying.

i hope this helps.

Jeffrey Fusaro
01-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Really nice job, how bout a tutorial on how you did those?? I would love to learn how to make these, my wife might actually start liking me again!! LOL

jim--

i found this link in another post on the creek and followed the instructions. pretty easy to do. your imagination is the limit. good luck!

http://www.woodturningonline.com/Tur..._Bracelets.pdf (http://www.woodturningonline.com/Turning/Turning_content/Turning_Bracelets.pdf)