PDA

View Full Version : bangle bracelet christmas gifts - 1

Jeffrey Fusaro
01-05-2009, 12:21 PM
i made these for my wife, my two sisters and a few close friends for christmas gifts this year.

the bracelets couldn't be a surprise, as i had to ask folks what size bangle they wore, but they were all very excited when they received the final product. all but one of the bracelets fit their intended recipient. my sister gave me a bad dimension, and her bracelet didn't fit over her hand. i guess that means that i get to make her another one. :rolleyes:

the wood species are noted in the file names. all bracelets have mahogany and ash veneer banding accents.

all bracelets have the same finish - two coats of sanding sealer, three coats of wipe-on lacquer and two coats of rennaissance wax. steel wool buff between all coats of finish and prior to applying the wax.

comments are critiques are welcome.

thanks for looking.

more pics to follow in a second upload.

Bill Embrey
01-05-2009, 12:34 PM
WOW!!! Very, very nice... I can NOT show these to my wife and daughters or that will be all I'll ever get to attempt ('cause I don't know if I could come close to those)

Jim Ciesla
01-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Those ar beautiful Jeffrey! Very creative.

Derek Hansen
01-05-2009, 1:02 PM
Double WOW, especially on the maple/red mallee one.

Steve Schlumpf
01-05-2009, 4:08 PM
Very nice work Jeffrey! Real clean lines and very classy looking! The ladies must have been thrilled to receive them! Thanks for sharing!

Bernie Weishapl
01-05-2009, 4:29 PM
Those are beauties and very classy. Well done.

Jeffrey Fusaro
01-05-2009, 6:21 PM
thanks for the kind words.

i appreciate the feedback.

bill--

these are rather easy to make. quick too.

Dale Bright
01-06-2009, 9:07 AM
Jeffery, those are great looking bracelets. How do you hold them on the lathe? Do you have pics of the process?

Dale

Dennis Peacock
01-06-2009, 9:35 AM
bill--

these are rather easy to make. quick too.

Well then....how about a "tutorial" on how we can make these? :rolleyes: ;)

Make it an article and we can make it part of the SMC articles section of the forum.

Love the bracelets BTW....very nice work. :cool:

Jeffrey Fusaro
01-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Well then....how about a "tutorial" on how we can make these? :rolleyes: ;)

Make it an article and we can make it part of the SMC articles section of the forum.

Love the bracelets BTW....very nice work. :cool:

i guess i set myself up for that - didn't i ?!?! :confused:

here is a link to an article that i found in another post on smc. this is pretty much how i made all of these bracelets. let your imagination be your guide.

http://www.woodturningonline.com/Tur..._Bracelets.pdf (http://www.woodturningonline.com/Turning/Turning_content/Turning_Bracelets.pdf)

George Guadiane
01-06-2009, 10:25 AM
NICE WORK, all the way around! I did NOT intend that to pe punny, you did nice work with nice wood.

Joshua Dinerstein
01-06-2009, 9:06 PM
Wow! Those are amazing! Very well done!

I am gonna have to try one of those someday soon.

Thanks for showing us how it can be done!

Joshua