PDA

View Full Version : Mission clothes hamper

Joe Chritz
01-04-2009, 7:11 PM
Here is a mission style clothes hamper I did yesterday and finished today. Made to match the bed I did a couple years ago.

Pretty straight forward construction, dado, biscuits and pocket screws. I would use 1/2 ply instead or solid wood instead of 1/4" if I did another one for the solid front. I always forget how much I hate 1/4 plywood.

Finish is a light mix of medium brown transtint in water, two seal coats and two satin USL coats. 1/4 sawn red oak for the front and top, mostly rift sawn (picked from the pile) on the sides.

I'm not really sure about the hinges but they were what was spec'd if you know what I mean.

I am surprised the camera pics up dust so good it isn't noticeable in person at all. Pics come in better if you actually hit the upload button. :o

Joe

Jim Becker
01-04-2009, 8:22 PM
Well...when the mission is storing dirty laundry, that's a great mission hamper! :) Nice riding boots, too...

Joe Chritz
01-05-2009, 9:26 AM
Those are actually originally motorcycle boots (a.k.a. jackboots) but since the motors are no longer used for regular service and I am off the road for a while they are "recycled" into trail riding boots.

Much much better than hiking boots for riding.

Joe

Jim Becker
01-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Yea, I ride with tall boots, too. (Mountain Horse Highrider II) Very comfortable and nice extra support for the calves. On the trails, I can see them having some additional "protection" benefit, too, from various types of prickly flora.

John Thompson
01-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Nice job, Joe. My wife uses two plastic baskets in the bottom of the BR closet.... therefore I haven't seen a clothes hamper in years.

Sarge..

Matt Crew
01-06-2009, 1:42 PM
Looks too good to be a hamper.