PDA

View Full Version : Right place at the right time.

Joe Von Kaenel
01-04-2009, 6:22 PM
Howdy,

I was just over at the local HD store purchasing a few things. As always, I wandered through the tool section. Sitting next to a table with discounted tools Manager's specials etc. was a RIDGID Belt/Oscillating spindle sander model EB44241. The price was not marked, I spoke with the manager to find out how much the sander cost and why it was discounted. He said it was a returned Christmas gift, the only plastic that was removed was that covering the machine. He guaranteed the unit worked and was complete. I bought the $199.99 sander for $130.00 plus tax. I nearly broke my arm getting my wallet out of my pocket.The manager told me to keep my receipt in case a problem arose. I set the unit up, it works great and all the parts are there.!!!:D

Joe

Paul Ryan
01-04-2009, 6:33 PM
Joe,

your going to like that sander. I have had one for 3 years and love it. It is light and easy to move around for a small shop. I keep mine stored on a shelf and get it out when needed. The dust collection with a shop vac is so, so. But it is good with a dust collector. One word of advice. The nut that holds the belt assembly or spindal on. Don't tighten it very tight. If you do when you are done using the machine you wont get it off. For some reason it tightens itself. Anyhow enjoy. Great pickup

Peter Quinn
01-04-2009, 6:38 PM
Good deal on a nice little tool. I have that and like it. Ditto the nut issue.

Myk Rian
01-04-2009, 6:47 PM
Triple that on the nut. I like mine.

Bill Huber
01-04-2009, 6:50 PM
Great find :D:D

I am with Paul on this one, you will love the sander.

I have had mine for about 2 years and at this point I just don't think I could do without it. It gets used as much as any other tools in the shop, I have mine on a bench so I can get to it any time.

John Shuk
01-04-2009, 7:54 PM
Great deal. I've been eyeing those for years and have yet to pull the trigger. I really do want one though.

Sue Wise
01-04-2009, 8:12 PM
I thought that I got a great deal buying a used one for $125, but you caught a super deal.

Don Bullock
01-04-2009, 8:41 PM
Joe that's a great deal on a very useful tool. Congratulations.

dan grant
01-04-2009, 8:55 PM
i think the cheapest that sander has been on here (saskatoon) is 249$ you got a good deal

Michael Stanley
01-04-2009, 8:59 PM
You are going to love it. It's such a versatile sander.

Todd Franks
01-04-2009, 9:55 PM
I used several years of saved up HD & Amex gift cards to buy mine a couple of months ago. Definitely one of those tools that goes in the "how did I ever get by without it" column. Hopefully, you'll enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine. Nice score.

-Todd

Mitchell Andrus
01-04-2009, 11:03 PM
keep the small idler roller lubed. It will wear and it's a bear to change out.

Steve Vaughn
01-04-2009, 11:30 PM
Great buy. Don't forget to register it for the lifetime warranty.

Steve