PDA

View Full Version : A day of turning and meeting another turner

Dahl Troy Perry
01-04-2009, 6:14 PM
Went up and met Toney Robertson today and worked out in his shop. Boy do I have a lot to learn But Toney showed me alot learned several new things turned a bowl made a pen learned how to sharpen my bowl gouge my was not sharpen like Toney's and his cut a lot better. Had a realy good time told storyies . THANKS for the lession.:D:D:D

Steve Schlumpf
01-04-2009, 6:17 PM
Dahl - always happy to hear of Creekers being able to get together and spend some quality time! BUT, have to ask, where are the photos?

Bernie Weishapl
01-04-2009, 6:29 PM
Glad you had a great time. Yep where's the photo's?

Toney Robertson
01-04-2009, 7:59 PM
Sorry guys, no photos. Just two turners getting together and spinning some wood.

Dahl,

I sure did enjoy the company. I hope it helped, I am FAR from an expert but I have found a way to get the job done. I am sure that way is not always the easiest or the best.

I can't wait to see how that spalted maple bowl turns out.

Next time we will tackle wine glasses! :D

Toney

Steve Mawson
01-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Now wine glasses, I would want to come to that lesson, especially if we got to sample when we were done. Always fun to learn.

Jim Kountz
01-04-2009, 11:10 PM
Sounds like a good fun day. I just found out a guy I knew from years back is a turner too. I plan to look him up and see about getting together. The mutual friend who was telling me about him said "I dont know anything about lathes but I do know he just bought a huge one. It was white and weighed 2436 lbs!" I said how do you know what it weighed and he said "it had 2436 right on the side of it". I said hhhhhmmmmmm True story!!

Toney Robertson
01-05-2009, 7:02 AM
Now wine glasses, I would want to come to that lesson, especially if we got to sample when we were done. Always fun to learn.

Steve,

If you ever get to Indiana stop on in.

Of course the wine would come AFTER the turning. :D

Toney

Ken Fitzgerald
01-05-2009, 9:18 AM
Dahl...it's been my experience....Creeker gatherings are as good as they get! Congrats!

My mother lives near Bloomington, IN. I get there once in a while....maybe we can hook up!

Toney Robertson
01-05-2009, 3:37 PM
Dahl...it's been my experience....Creeker gatherings are as good as they get! Congrats!

My mother lives near Bloomington, IN. I get there once in a while....maybe we can hook up!

Ken,

I graduated from IU in Bloomington. It is about 2 1/2 hours from me but if you get this way feel free to make the hike up here.

Dahl, you and I will swap some lies. :D

Toney