PDA

View Full Version : 20 gauge 1/2" crown staples - what else works?

Mike Gager
01-04-2009, 2:22 PM
i have a 20 gauge 1/2 crown staple gun and cant find staples for it at the normal places. they have several types of staples which look similar but they all have classifications such as T30 and T50 and use terms such as wide crown and narrow crown. i was curious if anyone knew if there was a certain size staple that would cross reference with the "20 gauge 1/2" crown"?

Joe Chritz
01-04-2009, 3:31 PM
I think the 1/2 crown staplers are generally framing staplers. The T30, etc are hand stapler staples. I think you may have a hard time finding staples locally in sizes except those used for normal construction purposes.

Amazon has several that popped up on a quick search.

Joe

Dave Sweeney
01-04-2009, 3:46 PM
These work in my 20ga stapler, Surebonder Model 44012 ½" #5 Heavy Duty Wide Crown Staples. I got them at either Home Depot or Menards, I can't remember which.

Paul Atkins
01-05-2009, 2:26 AM
What brand and model of stapler? Can you go to the manufacturer? Air stapler?

Jason Hanko
01-05-2009, 9:11 AM
Ive had trouble finding these at the local BORGs as well (Funny, since thats where I bought the gun).
Have you tried your local ProBuild?

Dave Lehnert
01-05-2009, 5:10 PM
A brand and model number would help us help you.
I have an Accuset that is a 21ga. 1/2" crown. Possible yours is a 21ga?

If yours is indeed a 20ga 1/2 crown Sears has what you need. Sears stores around here have them in stock. They are stocked with the Airguns not in the hand stapler section.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00918330000P?mv=rr

Grizzly has 21ga.

Julian Wong
01-05-2009, 6:36 PM
HarborFreight has them... BTW, if you have the HF stapler... use only HF staples. other brands will cause jamming. DAMHIK

nailgundepot.com also has them. They have a good selection of nails and staples.

Dave Sweeney
01-05-2009, 7:56 PM
HarborFreight has them... BTW, if you have the HF stapler... use only HF staples. other brands will cause jamming. DAMHIK

Just to show you never know when it comes to HF, I had the exact opposite experience with my HF stapler and their staples. The staples that they sell actually jammed up my stapler. I took the box back and exchanged it for another and the results were the same. That's when I went looking for other sources and found the staples I mentioned in my other post above. Those Surebonder staples have yet to jam, even once, in my HF stapler.

Mike Gager
01-06-2009, 9:45 AM
its the harbor freight gun, i can get the staples at HF but i was concerned they might be low quality, plus HF is clear across town an the borgs are just down the road. i will check out sears as its right down the road as well

thanks guys

Mike Gager
01-10-2009, 6:46 PM
i went ahead and got the harbor freight staples and used the gun yesterday hanging some kraft backed insulation. with the air pressure turned down to about 50 psi to keep the staples from shooting in to far, the gun, and the staples, worked perfect. absolutely no complaints.

definetly another harbor freight gem for under $20 on sale