PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Cabinet Saws: G0651 vs G0691?

Pat Germain
01-04-2009, 1:22 PM
I received my 2009 Grizzly catalogue a few days ago. It features a couple of new cabinet saws: G0690 and G0691. They each have a riving knife and appear to be exactly what I'm looking for in a new cabinet saw.

I'm trying to compare these saws to the G0652, which I had been considering. Other than the new saw being $400 less, I can't see any obvious difference beyond the G0652 having an digital angle gauge and an outfeed table. Also, the new saw has the dust port on the right side while the older saw has the port on the back.

I'm unable to find the G0690 or G0691 on the Grizzly web page. Has anyone reviewed these new cabinet saws in the Grizzly catalogue? If so, what do you think? How do they compar to the G0652?

Jason Hanko
01-04-2009, 4:41 PM
I'm unable to find the G0690 or G0691 on the Grizzly web page. Has anyone reviewed these new cabinet saws in the Grizzly catalogue?

According to Jim from this thread (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=98956&page=3), Grizzly hasnt recieved the new saws from the factory yet, so thats why they arent up on the website. They're due to get them at the end of the month I guess, so you can probably expect to see them up then.

Pat Germain
01-04-2009, 5:54 PM
Thanks, Jason. I reviewed the thread. I guess we'll have to wait until February to get some details about these new saws. At first, I thought they might be hybrid saws. However, they are 3HP and appear to be just as beefy as the other Grizzly cabinet saws.

Jim O'Dell
01-04-2009, 8:18 PM
Pat, go to the Griz site, look for the button on the left side for manuals. Go down the list and the manual is available to down load!! Makes no sense, but it is there. I couldn't find a way to save it into my computer, so I printed it out. :) It sits next to me at my computer, so it is a constant reminder to save my pennies. I said in another thread, maybe at FWW, that it is white. That was wrong, it is putty color. :rolleyes: Green band at the bottom. I'm anxious for someone to report that sees it at their showrooms once it gets here. Jim.

Pat Germain
01-04-2009, 9:41 PM
Thanks, Jim!

I've been looking at cabinet saws for a long time. I too am saving my pennies. Looks I might have to hold onto my savings as the current economic situation could possibly end Mrs. Pat's job. However, I'm still "window shopping".

Jim O'Dell
01-09-2009, 7:22 PM
Just looked and the 690 and 691 are now on the website. This is the link for the 691: http://www.grizzly.com/products/g0691 Doesn't say much, but, hey, they don't even have it yet!! Jim.