PDA

View Full Version : Construction grade furniture

Charles Seehuetter Panama City
01-04-2009, 9:01 AM
We spend most of our free time on the back porch I built about 5 years ago. We like the country look of natural Southern Yellow Pine and that's what we can afford to buy here in Northern Florida.

Our old TV finally quit so we needed a new one and I wanted a cabinet to put it in. My furniture building skills are no where near the quality as most of yours here but it's functional.

The TV mount pulls out and automatically swivels to the position we wanted it at and turns back square when pushed back into the cabinet.

Plenty of DVD storage below.

Thanks for looking.

Chuck

Von Bickley
01-04-2009, 9:08 AM
Charles,
Great looking cabinet. I'm sure that you and your family will enjoy using it. :D

James Manning
01-04-2009, 9:26 AM
We spend most of our free time on the back porch I built about 5 years ago. We like the country look of natural Southern Yellow Pine and that's what we can afford to buy here in Northern Florida.

Our old TV finally quit so we needed a new one and I wanted a cabinet to put it in. My furniture building skills are no where near the quality as most of yours here but it's functional.

The TV mount pulls out and automatically swivels to the position we wanted it at and turns back square when pushed back into the cabinet.

Plenty of DVD storage below.

Thanks for looking.

Chuck

Charles,

Great job on the tv hutch, did you build the table to? Looks like a great place to hang out and watch some football. Is that lil firebox vented? and if so could you take some pic's of it...........my wife is bugging about putting one in but she wants a real wood burning firebox which would have to be vented.

Keep up the good work.

Leo Zick
01-04-2009, 9:28 AM
a flat screen in a cabinet.. unique!

Joe Chritz
01-04-2009, 9:37 AM
The stuff looks great and SYP is a fine building material. Even construction lumber is good for building once it is properly dried.

I really like the rustic look of natural pine and similar styles like hickory.

Joe

glenn bradley
01-04-2009, 9:54 AM
Great solution and a great look. Well done.

Jim Becker
01-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Very nice work, Charles.

John Thompson
01-04-2009, 12:01 PM
A great job on that cabinet from SYP.. Many years ago I used a lot and I still will use it if I need rustic as we have a few SYP here outside of Atlanta... like in the back-yard where I had to take nine monsters down that immedately threatened the house if they came down in our occassional ice storm as one did in 2000.

Looking good.. enjoy....

Sarge..

Steve Vaughn
01-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Nice looking porch and furniture. It looks like a great place to hang out.

Steve

Dewey Torres
01-04-2009, 1:09 PM
Way to go check... maybe I will swing by for a Creeker visit next time I am in town.

Charles Seehuetter Panama City
01-05-2009, 5:29 AM
Thanks for all of your great comments.

James - Yes I build most of our furniture and most of the house is SYP. If you want to see more of the house, porch, workshop or us you can at

http://picasaweb.google.com/chuckinpc

The little firebox us see is just a little electric heater with fake flames. We also heat the porch with a natural gas heater in the winter.

Leo - The porch is not very secure so I wanted a way to lock it up when we leave. I'd hate to have a couple thousand $ worth of electronics walk off while we are away :eek:

Dewey - By all means stop by, you know the area.

Chuck