PDA

View Full Version : My New Year's resolution

Rick Potter
01-04-2009, 3:00 AM
Got a new camera for Christmas. My resolution is to learn how to put pictures on the computer, and transfer them here. Cub Scout honor!!

Rick Potter

Joe Chritz
01-04-2009, 10:07 AM
I can fix that for you. I don't know your level of computerfoo so apologies if some of this is basic.

Once you get the picture on the computer (follow the manual) either through a cable or chip it is simply a matter of converting the picture to under 107 Kb. I use Corel x3 but you can go to google and search for "free programs to convert pictures" and find some free ones. You can right click and go to the bottom of the window and click properties and it will tell you the size.

I highly recommend taking pictures in high res (top megapixel settings) and converting them later. You can always go down in quality but up isn't so easy.

Once it is converted to under 107 Kb in Jpeg just go to manage attachments, browse and pic the file you want, upload and it should be there.

I have attached some screen shots to show the process.

Just pic your file, upload and it is done.

Joe

Chuck Stewart
01-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Welcome to digital photography! Yes there are many free programs to convert your images suitable for posting on forums like this and all basically convert your large high resolution image you've saved on your computer for printing to a smaller throw away 640x480 with a smaller file size. If your running XP try out this free little program under Windows Power Toys. These are programs developed for Windows that are not included in the original package. Image resizer allows you to right-click on any image in your folder and resize it to what you want and then puts a "copy" of that image with the same name as the original only it will have the word (small) after it. You never want a program to "replace" a photo you may want to print later using the higher resolution photo. You can later go thru your folders and delete the small disposable images if you like. I only wish the program let you put the small throwaway images in a seperate folder but oh...well...Or if your going to take a picture you will never print and only want it for e-mail and such, every camera I know of let's you change the resolution in the menu. I think most people like me just set the camera to highest resolution and convert later....just in case they want a good print.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Dewey Torres
01-04-2009, 1:02 PM
Here is a tutorial for albums so you can take your WW photos and load r' up!

Rick Potter
01-05-2009, 1:43 AM
I will give it a try soon.

Rick Potter