View Full Version : Finally back in the shop- Canarywood bowl

Eugene Wigley
01-03-2009, 7:52 PM
Hello everyone. I have been out of town on business for most of the last month. Between work and Christmas I have not had time to play with my lathe. This is a small canarywood bowl I turned. I also scored some wood I will post pics of the wood later tonight.
Thanks for looking.

David Christopher
01-03-2009, 8:36 PM
Very nice bowl, I really like the shape and the grain and color of the wood very nice job

Dave

Steve Schlumpf
01-03-2009, 8:38 PM
Eugene - love the color variations in the bowl! Very nice!

Don Carter
01-03-2009, 8:52 PM
Eugene:
Great looking bowl. It is hard to get lathe time during this time of year! Soon, maybe we will back to a normal routine. I love the wood on this bowl. Where did you get it and what finish did you use?

All the best.

Don

Eugene Wigley
01-03-2009, 9:02 PM
Thanks for the kind words. I'm just a new guy trying to learn. The encouragement, information and fellowship I get from this forum is priceless.

Don, The finish is just oil and bees wax. I got the wood from Wall Lumber Company. I have only done business with them one time. I will do more business with them in the future. They were great. You can find them at the link below.
http://www.walllumber.com/default.asp

Bernie Weishapl
01-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Great looking bowl out of some good looking wood. Well done.

Greg Just
01-04-2009, 8:34 AM
Nice bowl Eugene. I'm taking January off from turning to build some much needed cabinets in my workshop. Trying to get the place organized for 2009. Keep up the good work.