PDA

View Full Version : Made the Table Saw plunge

Joe Dowdy
01-03-2009, 7:36 PM
I did it. I spent more than I really wanted but it should last a long while. I really wanted a grizzly but hated to pay the shipping so went with this hybrid craftsman, More bang for the Buck I am hopping anyway. If anyone has one or has had any issues let me know. Thanks Joe

Greg Cuetara
01-03-2009, 8:32 PM
Joe,
Congrats on the new saw. Let us know how it works out for you. I was looking at the similar saw that Ridgid is coming out with but it does not seems to be on their website anymore.
Greg

David Christopher
01-03-2009, 8:40 PM
Good looking saw, I hope it works well for you theres nothing like a new toy

Dave

Von Bickley
01-03-2009, 9:00 PM
Joe,
Congratulations on your new saw. A lot of people talk bad about Craftsman tools, but a lot of people started out on Craftsman constractor saws. I have seen a lot of beautiful kitchen cabinets and trim work done on Craftsman saws.

Now go make some sawdust....... :D:D:D

Mike Wellner
01-03-2009, 9:54 PM
And made at the same plant as Steel City (Orion)

Joe Scharle
01-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Can't speak for that model, but I've had the 22124 for 4 years and am very happy with it.

Dave Lehnert
01-03-2009, 10:40 PM
That saw gets great reviews. You should be very happy with it.

I hope you did not pick the Grizzly based on shipping alone. I deal with shipping in my day job and Grizzly shipping is overall a good deal. When looking to make a purchase you need to just look at the total price (product price + shipping) The Craftsman saw you purchased had the shipping cost figured into the retail price. It cost to get the product into the store.

Joe Dowdy
01-03-2009, 10:45 PM
overall I went with the craftsman because I can get alot of bang for my buck at a cheaper price. Keep in Mind this is my first TS but not new to TS, so all in all its alot better than what I had.

Jim Kountz
01-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Way to go Joe (sorry had to do that!) You can get along just fine with that saw, I used a sears contractor saw for a long time and I built everything from houses to cabinets with it and everything in between. And the one I had wasnt near as nice as the one you bought!!

lou sansone
01-03-2009, 11:49 PM
best wished with the new saw and now start making some sawdust
lou

Bill Huber
01-04-2009, 12:41 AM
Great, I am sure you will get a lot of good use out of it.

Now wax it down and start making some saw dust....:D

Mark Godlesky
01-04-2009, 1:36 AM
Congrats on the new hardware. I have this saw and I think you will like it. I especially like the way the splitter goes on and off easily. I did have to shim the wings to get them level. Also had to shim the fence because the two extrusions didn't quite match. I liked the T-track built into the rip fence and miter gauge fence. I later replaced the rip fence with the Steel City Industrial fence and the miter gauge with the Incra MITERV27. I was surprised thatthe supplied blade was actually decent quality. I also got the C-man mobile base. It was easy to assemble and makes it easy to reposition the saw in the shop.

Joe Dowdy
01-04-2009, 12:39 PM
good deal I am going to go this week and get the moble base due to I swear this thing wasent that big in the store, at least thats what I said to the wife.