PDA

View Full Version : Prefinished Ply supplier

Justin Leiwig
01-03-2009, 5:57 PM
I'm near Dayton/Cincinnati/Columbus....Georgia Pacific website doesn't list any dealers near me, and the only ones in cinci and columbus are wholesalers. Anyone know of a local dealer that sells prefinished?

James Phillips
01-03-2009, 6:32 PM
Call the Hardwood Store in Enon.

Pre-finished maple 3/4 is about $70 sheet

James Waters
01-03-2009, 6:34 PM
Frank miller lumber in Union City Indiana has it also.

Justin Leiwig
01-03-2009, 6:53 PM
Frank miller lumber in Union City Indiana has it also.

I wish they would say that on their webpage! Lumber suppliers need to get with the times and have decent web pages!

Tim Malyszko
01-03-2009, 9:24 PM
I wish they would say that on their webpage! Lumber suppliers need to get with the times and have decent web pages!

Amen to that. If a local supplier (or local contractor for that matter for home stuff I don't want to do myself) has a good website, I'm inclined to try them first. I hardly ever pull out the yellow pages any more. If the company doesn't have a web site or the website has not been updated in 5 years, I pass on their business.

Matt Meiser
01-03-2009, 9:47 PM
Kind of a long drive, but Ken Craft in Toledo has it.

Mark Boyette
01-03-2009, 9:51 PM
I'm in Cleveland and get it from Cleveland Plywood for about $65 a sheet. I think they also have a wharehouse in either columbus or cincy. Might also want to try Baer supply. They have a wharehouse down there also. One of those should help you but if for some reason they can't try Bennett supply.

Mark.

Dave Potter
01-03-2009, 9:55 PM
Justin:

Though I don't live in your area, my brother does and there's a place he mentioned to me once and Marc Spagnuolo, the Wood Whisperer, did a podcast about called Wood Werks Supply. They have a website, but only feature tools on that site, however during the podcast they showed Marc a full-blown (indoor) lumber yard in the store so you might try there.

At any rate, heres a link to their site: Wood Werks (http://www.woodwerks.com/)

Good Luck.

Dave Potter

Andrew Nemeth
01-04-2009, 12:10 AM
I'm friends with the guys at Wood Werks supply and as far as I know they only carry 3/4 birch in pre-finished ply. They seem to be able to find me stuff from their suppliers when I need it though, so if you are in need of something else you may want to give them a shout. Ask to speak with Mike, he does their sheetgoods ordering.

James Waters
01-04-2009, 3:50 PM
I was just at frank miller a few weeks ago and picked up a few things. I have a complete current price list so if there os something you are interested in I can let you know the cost. I did not know that they had that type of plywood in stock either till I went there for the first time and got one of their price sheets. I agree it would be nice if they would have posted it on their web site.

James

Justin Leiwig
01-05-2009, 8:15 AM
I was just at frank miller a few weeks ago and picked up a few things. I have a complete current price list so if there os something you are interested in I can let you know the cost. I did not know that they had that type of plywood in stock either till I went there for the first time and got one of their price sheets. I agree it would be nice if they would have posted it on their web site.

James

Any chance you could scan it and email it to me?