PDA

View Full Version : First Post

Trevor Watson
01-03-2009, 5:03 PM
Hi all been watching these forums for some time now figured I would actually post and introduce myself. I spent most of my life in IT with a small break of 3 years working for a friend of mine in Engraving and trophies, I enjoyed it so much almost ended up doing it full time for him he was running a couple Newing Halls and a Trotech 10watt laser ... Anyways about 3 years ago had a bad work accident where I broke both legs both feet both ankles and my back.. After 14 rounds of surgery my left leg was deemed unsavable and had it Amputated 5th July 2007. Rethinking my options at this point I have set up a small office at home with a old Second hand Xenetech Rotary Engraver and a brand new Xenetech 13X25XLT 40watt laser running X3 Photograv and the XGW Software that is supplied with the machine.. Still trying to find a niche in the market down here in Australia for myself.. Done a few marble photos for people Alot of anodised dog tags some industrial stuff like power point surrounds with Switch board info and a heap of Promotional stuff for a local outdoors & camping store, stuff like anodised drink bottles and 1 cup campfire expresso machines all done on the laser.
This forum has been fantastic reading and a great learning tool for me while i blunder my way back into the engraving game. Looking forward to actually being able to contribute stuff as well as take stuff away from this place. Also anyone else heading to the Vegas ARA tradeshow in Feb ? comming over from Australia to have a look would be great to meet up with some people from here and grab a beer ! Anyways enuff rambling for now :)

Trevor Watson
Xenetech 1325XLT 40w with Rotary attatchment, Corel X3, Photograv3.0, XGW 6.45

Margaret Turco
01-03-2009, 5:21 PM
Hey Trevor, Welcome! That's going to be cool if you come over to the ARA show. Can't say I'll be there myself at this point.... Sounds like you are at least getting your name out there, and hopefully more business will come your way from referrals.

Tim Bateson
01-03-2009, 5:36 PM
Welcome Trevor. A great bunch of folks here. This forum has given a lot of us a huge boost of knowledge that would have taken many years of trial & error.

But watch out for that Frank guy - ask for his help and before you know it he'll supply all your graphics, adjust your set-up and probably run your laser remotely too. :eek: :p

Wolf Nitsch
01-03-2009, 9:27 PM
Welcome aboard Trevor. Having recently joined here as well, I can say we have learned more in the last month on this forum than one could imagine to learn in a year. Wonderful people, great ideas, everyone shares and helps another. Oh if the rest of the world could only be like this it would be a much better place. Have fun and keep fighting back from your accident.

Frank Corker
01-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Welcome to the forum Trevor. Lot's here to learn.

Anthony Welch
01-04-2009, 9:10 AM
Welcome Trevor. As everyone has said, lots of stuff to learn here. And great camaraderie too!

Bill Cunningham
01-04-2009, 9:20 PM
Welcome Trevor.. From your list of jobs completed, it sounds like your well on your way to a good business already!!

Roy Nicholson
01-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Great to have you with us Trevor.

What part of Australia do you hail from.

I'm in Birkdale just out of Brisbane on the bayside

Regards

Roy N.

Frank Corker
01-05-2009, 4:59 AM
Hey Roy, my Mum lives in Labrador, small world but I wouldn't want to paint it.

Mike Null
01-05-2009, 7:22 AM
Trevor

Welcome to SMC. I'd like to go to LV for the show but can't quite see myself making that trip. But it's not completely out yet. If I can make it I'll let you know.

Phil Garcia
01-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Welcome aboard Trevor, as others have said, a lot of great knowledge, great ideas, great help and most of all great people....and that what makes the world go round. Look forward to your post. Have a great 09' and that beer sounds pretty good too!!!:D

Belinda Barfield
01-05-2009, 1:19 PM
Welcome Trevor! You shouldn't have any difficulty running into some Creekers at the ARA show. As others have said, it sounds like your business is off to a good start. Keep us posted.

Frank Corker
01-05-2009, 5:20 PM
Well it's coming up to 5 days without a response from Trevor, maybe he's moved to another forum... :o

Ray Uebner
01-05-2009, 6:58 PM
Welcome Trever Las Vegas I will be there have not missed it in 10 Years and will not start now. You will like this Forum as the people are so helpfull we can not know it all and with the help of the people on the forum and the classes at the ARA Convention in LV is a great help. You are on track and going in the right direction. Welcome again:)

Trevor Watson
01-05-2009, 7:26 PM
Definately feel welcomed here :). Roy I am in Melbourne in the Eastern Suburbs Bayswater North. Been camping for a couple days or I would have replied a little quicker :). Downloaded the Eiffel Tower the other day cut it out of some Thick cardboard I had laying around turned out pretty good lol would love to cut it out some prismatic Acrlyic and see what it looks like. Anyways back to the dungeon got a run of stamps to stink the neighbors out with :) lol ..

Trevor

Frank Corker
01-05-2009, 7:34 PM
Hoorah! He lives!

Trevor Watson
01-05-2009, 7:39 PM
Frank lost a leg not my sense of direction yet lol .. So I generally make it back eventually ! rofl ...

Trev

Frank Corker
01-05-2009, 8:23 PM
You are just what we need, a man who still has a good sense of humour.