PDA

View Full Version : The Mystery Unvailed

Tyler Howell
06-19-2004, 3:04 PM
I had the pure pleasure of meeting the talented and mysterious Creeker Steve Wilson. He's the guy with no Avatar, ambiguous address and pearls of wisdom that slip in at exactly the right places on the SMC forum.
Expecting a worldly old wood chipper, I was amazed to find Steve and his young family in a beautiful new development a mile from my old home.
Front and center is the big iron of Mini Max Int. Steve patiently took me through some of the paces on MM and now has re-instigated that personal battle over which cabinet saw to buy.
He kindly shared some of his creations, history and plans for the future. Some valuable tips were also shared with this saw dust making noobee.
I was amazed to find that Steve is also one of those Alchemists that brews up his own finishes with spectacular results. He also switch hits to the Neanderthal ways with some "top drawer " stuff.
As entertaining was watching the passing neighbors stop and awe at his fabulous set up. They had to be reminded that drooling was not permitted inside the well appointed shop. Having been trained by John and Dave I knew better and was well behaved.
Thanks Steve for the visit, tour and the monitor arm. It works great.

Mark Singer
06-19-2004, 3:41 PM
Tyler,
You can write.....good! Really good!:)

John Miliunas
06-19-2004, 8:51 PM
Say, any of you other guys notice that, every time we see Tyler with another Creeker, he's *always* the short one?! :D And Tyler, what's with having your sunglasses plugged into that outlet in the ceiling? :eek: Sure hope it's properly grounded! I also see the strap from your camera bag there. Now, I'm *SURE* you put that nifty little Olympus of yours to good use; Where are the REST of the pics?! :confused:

OK, 'nuf raggin'! Sounds like you had a great time and to think, Steve is practically your neighbor! You're right about his wisdom showing up in posts at very opportune times. :) Now, as far as the cabinet saw debate, there's lots of nice ones out there and, as long as you pick a Bridgewood, you'll be doing just fine.... :D Thanks for giving us a better intro to Steve! :cool:

Tyler Howell
06-19-2004, 9:42 PM
[QUOTE=John Miliunas]Say, any of you other guys notice that, every time we see Tyler with another Creeker, he's *always* the short one?! :D And Tyler, what's with having your sunglasses plugged into that outlet in the ceiling? :eek:

Kind sir those are UL certified sunglasses and OSHA approved for plugging into the ceiling!!:mad:
Have I got the Pix! But I'm a firm believer that the ships master has the
privilege of the gloat, and Steve will share if and when he feels like it.:p

Great visit. I'm getting smarter! That.... is dangerous!

PS. Photo By: Young Wilson!

John Miliunas
06-19-2004, 10:06 PM
Kind sir those are UL certified sunglasses and OSHA approved for plugging into the ceiling!!:mad:
Have I got the Pix! But I'm a firm believer that the ships master has the
privilege of the gloat, and Steve will share if and when he feels like it.:p

Great visit. I'm getting smarter! That.... is dangerous!

PS. Photo By: Young Wilson!

Well....OK. As long as they're OSHA approved! Wouldn't want Steve getting in trouble with THAT clan! :) And, I stand corrected on the picture gloat thing, as well! Right you are, it should be Steve's privilege. For a guy from MN, you sure are an honorable one! :) I too enjoy those visits, but typically, *I'm* the one who ends up smarter, not my visitor(s)! :cool:

Steven Wilson
06-19-2004, 11:58 PM
Say, any of you other guys notice that, every time we see Tyler with another Creeker, he's *always* the short one?! :D

Well we tried to make Tyler look taller by having my 6 year old take the photo! I should have included my wife in the photo then he would be the tall one! It was a good morning. My wife has been having a garage sale for the last few days. While Tyler and I were talking folk's would just wonder into the shop and ask if anything was for sale!

Chris Padilla
06-20-2004, 2:56 AM
Well, Steve, time to graduate to a pic!!! :D Remember, same deal I gave Tyler. If ya use it, no charge. If you ignore it, bill coming!!! :D :p