PDA

View Full Version : Jessem Mast-R-Lift insert rings

Ryan Baker
01-01-2009, 10:09 AM
I have had a Mast-R-Lift for some time and am very happy with it -- except for the limited size choices for the insert rings. The Pinnacle insert sets at Woodcraft look nice (phenolic or aluminum), and have a lot more choices. Does anybody have any idea whether these rings will fit the Jessem table? They look close, but close doesn't count. Otherwise, maybe I will just have to buy some of the blank inserts and make my own. The Pinnacle set just looks like a nicer and cheaper solution.

Thanks

glenn bradley
01-01-2009, 10:14 AM
The Pinnacle line is the same product line as (here's a good pic of the edges) the Woodpecker (http://www.woodpeck.com/twistlockringset.html): PRL, Quick-Lift and such, re-badged. Unless something has changed at Jess-Em, the rings are not interchangeable.

Ryan Baker
01-01-2009, 10:22 AM
The Pinnacle line is the same product line as (here's a good pic of the edges) the Woodpecker (http://www.woodpeck.com/twistlockringset.html): PRL, Quick-Lift and such, re-badged. Unless something has changed at Jess-Em, the rings are not interchangeable.

OK. Thank You.

Shannon Seelig
01-01-2009, 10:40 AM
I have the Xacta lift (made by Jessem) and I don't have the other 3 rings for the inserts. Would the Jessem rings from woodcraft work on the Xacta lift? If anyone knows any info, I would appreciate it!
Thanks,

Dewey Torres
01-01-2009, 2:18 PM
All of the Rousseau stuff is made by Jessem. May be worth a look.

Dave Haughs
01-26-2009, 9:22 AM
Has anybody found nice metal insert rings for the JessEm yet? I don't care for the phenolic. The one that came with my lift is fine and fits perfect but every pack of the "four piece insert rings" I have looked at don't fit near as nice. They lock in but they aren't a nice smooth transition from the lift to the ring like the one that came with it was. The replacements all usually have a high and a low side or two low sides or what not. So if your sliding something along it might (and it does) catch. If they where all just high I could sand them but that's not the case. Its not just my lift either. My dad's is the same way and so was the demo in Rockler I was looking at yesterday trying to find a perfect set of inserts.

Maybe I'm too picky but I paid good money for the lift and at $30 for the inserts on top of what I paid for the lift they should be perfect. Has anyone else noticed this?

Tom Veatch
01-26-2009, 10:40 AM
.... The one that came with my lift is fine and fits perfect but every pack of the "four piece insert rings" I have looked at don't fit near as nice. They lock in but they aren't a nice smooth transition from the lift to the ring like the one that came with it was. ...

I bought a set of these (http://www.amazon.com/JessEm-02021-4-Piece-Tab-Loc-Insert/dp/B00002266Q) and have found the same thing Dave notices. Rather poor elevation match.

Ray Phillips
01-26-2009, 1:14 PM
I used my Jessum rings yesterday for the first time and I had to use a malet on the wrench to get them to twist into the lock position. The original ring works very easily. I am really dissapointed in the additional 4 ring set. I am considering returning them to woodcraft.

Dave Haughs
01-26-2009, 1:39 PM
Well I sent a message to JessEm. If I hear back I will post up. I keep scratching my head wondering why the ring that came with the lift is so nice but the others are different. I would have expected them to come from the same production facility, one mold for the blanks then drill them out.... what do I know though.

Dave Haughs
01-31-2009, 5:31 PM
Well I still haven't heard back from Jess-em but I was at Woodcraft today and they had the blank inserts in stock (and on sale due to the woodshow) so I tried them in a table they had there and they seemed fine so I bought them to try them and they all fit great. Go figure... Not sure what is going on with the ones with holes in them but I guess I'll just have to make my own holes....

I'll post up if I ever hear anything back from Jess-Em.