PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Show

Jim Kountz
12-31-2008, 11:36 PM
Anyone going to the WW show in Baltimore this weekend? I will probably make it down in Sunday, got a turning club meeting Saturday otherwise I would go then. Maybe could have a Creeker get together Sunday??

Tony De Masi
01-01-2009, 9:51 AM
I usually take in this one as well as the one in Chantilly but I'm in the process of moving to Front Royal so I won't make this one. Let us know what deals, or lack thereof exist.

Tony

Ed Kilburn
01-01-2009, 10:01 AM
I think I'll run down Saturday, anyone from the Philly, Allentown area want to ride along PM me.

Jim Kountz
01-01-2009, 10:11 AM
I usually take in this one as well as the one in Chantilly but I'm in the process of moving to Front Royal so I won't make this one. Let us know what deals, or lack thereof exist.

Tony
Front Royal huh? About 55 min from me maybe an hour. Did a few jobs there over the years.

Darrin Vanden Bosch
01-01-2009, 10:57 AM
55 mins. to an hr. Augusta to Front Royal, you must be flying when you go through Gore, I guess I'll have to move out of the way. Watch out for the
police and their radar guns at rt. 259 turn off.

Darrin

Tony De Masi
01-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Front Royal huh? About 55 min from me maybe an hour. Did a few jobs there over the years.

Sounds like a possible creeker meeting then.

Jim Kountz
01-01-2009, 11:15 AM
55 mins. to an hr. Augusta to Front Royal, you must be flying when you go through Gore, I guess I'll have to move out of the way. Watch out for the
police and their radar guns at rt. 259 turn off.

Darrin

Well let me clarify, my mailing address is Augusta, but Im closer to Capon Bridge which is about 8 miles closer, also have a Capon Bridge phone number. Ive made that trip a hundred or more times and you dont have to speed to get there in an hour. Once you hit Winchester its 65 mph the rest of the way. I can be in Winchester in about 30 minutes driving the speed limits. Ive had one speeding ticket in 25 years.

Eduard Nemirovsky
01-01-2009, 1:10 PM
I am planning to go at Friday, I am on vacation:D. Anybody want a ride - let me know.
Ed.

Robert Andrew
01-01-2009, 7:36 PM
I'll be there on Friday. Since I live about 5 miles from the Fairgrounds it is an easy trip for me. :D

Rob

Ken Peluso
01-01-2009, 9:03 PM
ill be there as well on Friday.

Bruce Wrenn
01-01-2009, 9:41 PM
I'm planning for a day trip to Atlanta show. Fly down in the morning, and fly back that night. (Daughter works for airline.) Show is across from airport - Across Camp Creek Parkway, then US 29, double tracks of Southern Railroad, and finally I-85. I may have to rent a car to go a half mile. Wait, our daughter said she would leave her car at the hotel. Just take shuttle to hotel and pick up, and drop off car. Problem solved. I can't buy anything that won't fit into overhead, or that looks like a weapon. That means no turning tools, saws, or other sharp items, unless I want to pay a "bag fee." BOO-HISS!

Ken Peluso
01-02-2009, 3:25 PM
I received a good amount of cash for the holidays to buy a few planes. I had hoped to pick up a LN #4 smoother and LV scraper and LA block planes. LV was there, LN was not =(

I am happy to report that I did get a LV bevel up smoother and an additional 50 deg blade :D $232.65 for both, no tax. only downside is they had no stock at the show and will be shipping them free in 7-10 days.

Otherwise, I met some good folks from my local guild and plan on FINALLY attending one of their meetings tomorrow (its only been 2 years ive been meaning to go).

Lastly, beware if you're going to get some good deals. Most of the vendors were pushing router dovetail kits or clamping systems and prices were not great and discounted as advertised. For example, I was interested in a drill press table from peachtree. The basic kit was $99, same price as online, only savings is on shipping. I mentioned this to the salesman and he told me i was wrong until i pulled up their web site on my iphone. His response "oh, well, if you buy it here I'll throw in this $6 clamp." No thanks.

Jim Kountz
01-02-2009, 4:22 PM
Otherwise, I met some good folks from my local guild and plan on FINALLY attending one of their meetings tomorrow (its only been 2 years ive been meaning to go).

Ken you sound like me, tomorrow I am finally attending my local turners meeting, only the second one Ive made it to in a year!!

Eduard Nemirovsky
01-02-2009, 4:46 PM
Yea, I agreed with Ken. A lot of liquidation/second hand stuff. I have no clue why LG ladder doing there, and few more not ww stuff booths.
Prices practically same as on Internet.
I did a good deal only on Deluxe A-Line-It Alignment System with with single Dubby cutofffixture. Total for $240.:D

Paul Steiner
01-02-2009, 6:03 PM
It is my wife's birthday this weekend so I have to stay home. But I live closer to Chantilly and I will make that one. I wonder what it takes to get a booth, the creek should have a booth.

Jim Becker
01-02-2009, 9:01 PM
...he told me i was wrong until i pulled up their web site on my iphone. His response "oh, well, if you buy it here I'll throw in this $6 clamp." No thanks.

Oh, that's precious! Anyone with a SmartPhone is going to be causing the hawkers to shed tears! LOL I love it!