PDA

View Full Version : Half and Half Project for Ma when she gets outa the Hospital

harry strasil
12-31-2008, 10:27 PM
She had one of those wire rack pigeon hole things from the discount store to keep her Crotcheting and Knitting stuff in beside her recliner, she just retired and the Crocheting and Knitting keeps her busy. She asked for a shelf to put her library of craft books in.

I had to do some rearrangiing to make a wider path between our recliners so she could use her walker and scooter. I had a small wood burning Wash House stove that has a flat top and 4 lift our round plates in the top, its kinda like a miniature cook stove that I had to move outa the corner and upstairs, as I needed the space, I used it as a table LOL.

So she ended up with a 4 ft square, 15 inch deep Crocheting and Knitting Center with 6 cloth drawers and 3 shelves in the middle, one of which is her Library, a full sheet of 3/4 plywood finished one side, small town lumberyard doesn't carry finished bothsides. a half sheet of 1/2 inch ply the same way and a half sheet of 1/4 F1S for the back, its also on Casters. 3 partial days off and on between visiting her and doing other things. Light Walnut Danish oil finish, Half tailed tools, half neander tools. I just thru it together in a hurry.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/irnsrgn/wood/CandKcenter002-1.jpg

I had to use part of the old wire rack thing to put ongoing projects in. She can sort out the mess I made and rearrange it to the way she wants it when she comes home from the Hospital, It is also one of her Xmas Presents

Bill Houghton
12-31-2008, 11:09 PM
though I doubt she'll offer to go back in the hospital to get out of your way so you can make her more things.

I hope she's OK and recovering well.

Alan DuBoff
01-01-2009, 2:12 PM
What a thoughtful gift Harry!

I hope she's doing fine, and that her life is lit up when she sees what you built for her!

No question she will appreciate it.

My daughter has taken to sewing, that gives me an idea...