PDA

View Full Version : New Epilog Driver and Vista

Ed Maloney
12-31-2008, 5:33 PM
Hey there folks. I have a bit of a strange problem.

I got a new computer with Vista 32bit installed. I downloaded and installed the newest Epilog driver. From Corel X3 I go to print and click the Properties button. I then try to go to Advanced so I can load a previously saved setting file. So I use Browse so I can go to the folder that has the settings. The browse window comes up with a set of folders, but I can't navigate to folders other than whats listed.

Anyone have the same type of problem?

Ed

Phil Garcia
12-31-2008, 5:52 PM
Yes, I also had the issue. I loaded the file from Epilog with the material settings for my wattage of Epilog and I found that the recommended settings were the same or pretty close to what I had used before.
I think this program from Epilog will help.
Config Merge File

If you have current configuration files they will need to be updated by running the ConfigMerge (http://www.epiloglaser.com/downloads/config_merge_mhe.zip) Program.
Instructions (http://www.epilogfiles.com/convert_dat_files.pdf) for updating configuration files.

Steve Clarkson
12-31-2008, 6:12 PM
Hmmmmm....although I'm using the 64 bit beta version.....when I go to the Advanced tab.....there's no Browse button......

Mike DeRegnaucourt
12-31-2008, 9:23 PM
The Epilog v802 driver seems to be only tied to the Documents directory. It looks like they only want you to put your .DAT files somewhere under the Documents directory. I tried typing in a different location but the folder box on the advanced page appears to be write protected and will not permit you to switch directories via that method either.

I'm guessing that it's probably a programming oversight and will hopefully be resolved in a future release.

Ed Maloney
01-01-2009, 10:33 AM
The Epilog v802 driver seems to be only tied to the Documents directory. It looks like they only want you to put your .DAT files somewhere under the Documents directory. I tried typing in a different location but the folder box on the advanced page appears to be write protected and will not permit you to switch directories via that method either.

I'm guessing that it's probably a programming oversight and will hopefully be resolved in a future release.

Yep - Thats what it was. I moved the folder to document and I was able to see them now. Interestingly enough it will only see the .dat files that were converted by the config_merge utility as an earlier post pointed out.

I also would like to mention that 10 minutes after I sent email to Epilog support I got a phone call on my cellphone from Brian at Epilog. He left a message detailing the same thing about the documents folder. Now that was impressive given that on my email I didn't specify a phone number. He must have looked it up.

Mike DeRegnaucourt
01-01-2009, 9:06 PM
Glad to hear you got it figured out Ed. Yes, Epilog support is awesome in my book. Top Notch! :)

Frank Corker
01-02-2009, 6:31 AM
Hey Mike, how did you get the fourth dog to wear a cap for the photo?

Mike DeRegnaucourt
01-02-2009, 4:09 PM
Hi Frank! I think the 4th dog fell asleep and my wife stuck the hat on him. :p It was funny, I was sacked out and my wife snapped the picture. It's been one of my favorites. I thought it was amazing how all the dogs looked up when she took the picture. You couldn't ask for a better posing job by the dogs. :)