PDA

View Full Version : $400 Woodcraft Gift Cert. OMG!!

Paul Maxwell
12-31-2008, 3:44 PM
I received a Woodcraft gift certificate for X-Mas and am I lost!!! I have a benchtop drill press to replace and a new router table to build. Steel City drill press is on sale with free shipping today. Pretty straight forward so far.

My new router table is tops on the list for this year's first project. I already have the Incra 25' Ultra fence and look forward to doing boxes and many other projects. I require precision in my work( it's the OCD curse), and have been thinking about my table router setup for a while. I have searched and read for days now and am more confused than ever. I currently own the Dewalt 618 and Bosch 1617 routers.

The new Pinnacle lift looks awesome, http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=21012 ,and would fit within my gift certificate budget but that would leave me with what many consider to be underpowered router for a table. Or should I look at a bigger router with some ease and accuracy and no lift?

Or do i just get the new drill press and wait for the new router table? OMG I have a huge headache and it isn't even because I had too much to drink at the New Years Eve party. Shoot, I don't even drink and I have a huge headache........

Sorry for the rant, can someone make up my mind?:o

John Finley
12-31-2008, 4:12 PM
I can certainly fix your decision problem...I PM'd you my address:D

Steve Rozmiarek
12-31-2008, 5:55 PM
I already have the Incra 25' Ultra fence and look forward to doing boxes and many other projects.

I don't know anything about Incra, but you must have a big shop, and plan on some BIG boxes! :D Sorry, couldn't resist...

Dave Sweeney
12-31-2008, 5:58 PM
There's no doubt about it..............that $400 Gift Certificate won't cover your wish list. :D

Eduard Nemirovsky
12-31-2008, 6:04 PM
Choices, choices:confused:. I am in the same dilema - which router lift to buy, but this Pinnacle lift is very good made, I went to Woodcrsft to play with it and probably will buy it too.
IMHO, for router table you need a powerfull motor - PC 3 1/4 hp or anything in this range. Or you can buy a Triton 3 1/4 plunge router and you want need a lift at all.
Happy N:Dew Year:D

Derek Hansen
12-31-2008, 6:20 PM
Get the Triton 3 1/4 HP router (on sale for $199 GREAT DEAL) and the Pinnacle Aluminum Router Plate ($99). No lift required! The plate evenhas a hole for the above table height adjustment crank that comes with the router.

Paul Maxwell
12-31-2008, 7:34 PM
Get the Triton 3 1/4 HP router (on sale for $199 GREAT DEAL) and the Pinnacle Aluminum Router Plate ($99). No lift required! The plate evenhas a hole for the above table height adjustment crank that comes with the router.

This is an option that makes a lot of sense, and is probably what I should do. That Pinnacle(Woodpecker) Quick Lift is just so sexy!! Very convenient with the spring tool to elevate the router and the thumbwheel for the fine adjustments. Seems to be very well made for precision and repeatability.