PDA

View Full Version : New year

Keith Christopher
12-31-2008, 8:32 AM
Well as they say bad things come in threes. We've had three fellow creekers injured recently, I just -on this new years eve- want to wish everyone a happy and SAFE new year. This message board, unlike many of the others I've been on, is a true community. We appreciate and care about other members. So keep turning, I look forward to seeing more pics of work and less of injuries ! I'm off so see you all next year ! (man I'm so cliche')

Keith

Greg Just
12-31-2008, 9:23 AM
Happy New Year to everyone and let's all have a safer 2009!

Alan Trout
12-31-2008, 9:44 AM
Yes, happy and a safe New Year to everyone. And may our turning and woodworking days be numerous and prosperous.

Alan

Jeff Nicol
12-31-2008, 10:00 AM
Keith, Thanks for starting this post, I am also a member of a CNC forum and it seems some are a little to highbrow to me! You are right when you say SMC is a community and family, we all want the same things and try and help when we can! There are days when I wish I could hop on a plane and go help a fellow creeker in a bind! But the lottery must not be reading the same script as me!

Have a safe and wonderful new year!

Jeff

ROY DICK
12-31-2008, 10:06 AM
^5 and /)'s up to everyone for a happy, safe and healthy new year to everyone.

Roy

Paul Douglass
12-31-2008, 10:23 AM
I don't have much to show on this forum because so far I make mainly pens, But, I always come here every day to see what all you are doing and saying. It is a great place. I really enjoy looking at all the work, And, appreciate all the help.

I Hope for a Happy New Year for all of you.

Bernie Weishapl
12-31-2008, 10:46 AM
I will have to agree that this place is family, community and a place where no matter how new or experienced you are help is there. I enjoy the people, help they give and helping when I can. I also enjoy all the great pictures of projects no matter if it is a first or 300th.

I wish everyone a Healthy, Safe, and Happy New Year.

Oh and by the way I started the countdown to fun time (retirement). 365 days and counting. :D:D:D

Steve Schlumpf
12-31-2008, 10:50 AM
to everyone on the Creek!

To me, the neat thing about the Creek is that in the process of sharing information and helping our fellow members, friendships are formed. I would love nothing better than to get together and spend some time in the shop turning, talking and getting to know each of you better.

My wish for everyone this year is to always show your loved ones you care, be safe, create positive memories with all those you come in contact with and make as many friends as you possibly can! The Creek has a unique feature called a ‘Friends’ list. It is a great way of reaching out and extending the hand of friendship to others! You will be amazed at how just a simple gesture can show support, friendship and goodwill towards others!

I look forward to the New Year and the potential it holds for each of us!

Happy New Year!