PDA

View Full Version : Ridgid 4330 owners, heads up........

Bill Huber
12-30-2008, 11:58 PM
I had to turn my blades this weekend and I would suggest that before you have to do it go buy an GOOD 5/32 allen wrench.

The one that comes with it is not very good, very soft, I now have a spiral allen wrench and the edges are off of it. I pulled out a good wrench from my wrenches and use it to finish the job.

I think the next time I have to change the blades I will use a ratchet with an allen on it, the screws are very tight.

Gary Click
12-31-2008, 1:13 AM
I had the same problem when I first turned the blades in my DW735. The supplied allen wrench rounded corners and then when I switched to a better quality wrench the sockets on some of the screws rounded out. I was forced to remove some of the screws by turning them out using a hammer and cold chisel. This actually proved to be fairly easy and the screws loosened and then spun right out. I was still a little pissed at the quality of the screws and the force with which they were installed.

Rick Fisher
12-31-2008, 1:27 AM
Crappy accessory tools have always been a pet peeve of mine.

The funniest was when I got my domino and saw the little wrench that came with it. It looks like it came out of a China town hardware store dump bin. :)

I think the mfg's should just charge us the extra 20 cents and supply the high quality Taiwanese wrench/allen key..

Okay.. I feel better now.

Gary Click
12-31-2008, 9:48 AM
These are after thought wrenches.