PDA

View Full Version : PING Easy core owners

Jim Kountz
12-30-2008, 8:38 PM
Ok Id like to get the skinny on this system once and for all. On one site it said the knives would do about 1" +/- of the size of the knife, another site said 2" either way and Dave Lancaster gave totally different dimensions altogether on the Oneway site videos. Dave said something like 5-9.5" for the #1 then like 9.5-12.25" for the #2 and the #3 13.5-15". So needless to say Im getting conflicting reports here and would like to know the realworld figures.

Thanks in advance!!

Jim

Cyril Griesbach
12-30-2008, 8:57 PM
Jim,
I've been able to get different size cores based on how I position the cutting post relative to the blank. Therefore I'd say all the answers could be right but remember that Dave Lancaster is the guy the Easy Core was made for in the first place and he's probably got more experience with it than any other owner.

Bernie Weishapl
12-30-2008, 10:02 PM
Jim I have the system and yes it will do what Dave gives for measurements. It is a matter of adjusting and laying out how many bowls you want out of your blank. I really love mine as the learning curve is easy, it is easy to use and sharpening the bits is easy. So far I have only got to use it 3 times and hoping this spring will have more time to play with it. Just follow his video.

David Peebles
12-31-2008, 2:02 AM
Hi Jim,

What they said. :) Go with what Dave Lancaster says. I have used the 9" knife to do multiple cores by just moving the base unit around.

Best wishes,
Dave