PDA

View Full Version : Creeker visit

Steve Jenkins
12-30-2008, 7:35 PM
Larry Browning and his wife stopped by late this afternoon for a quick visit. Unfortunately they were running late and still had abut a 4 hour drive ahead of them so they couldn't stay long. It was nice to meet them though and they may be back this way again.
I know, where is the pic. they will post a pic after they get home. those of you who have met me may not recognize me though. After 26 years with a beard I shaved it off a few weeks ago. Larry thought he was at the wrong house when he drove up and saw me outside and no beard.
thanks for taking the time to stop by Larry, even though short, I enjoyed the visit.

Jim Becker
12-30-2008, 9:33 PM
Oh, no....the trademark craftsman beard is gone?? That must have been as traumatic as when my daughters "made" me get rid of my 20 year ponytail last year. LOL

'Glad you had a nice visit with the Brownings.

Jim O'Dell
12-30-2008, 9:37 PM
Well, you one upped me, Steve...I didn't get to meet the Mrs. :) Glad you had a good visit, even if it was short. Larry is one of the good guys! Jim.

HC "Chico" Sakman Victoria,BC
12-30-2008, 10:49 PM
So, Steve.... I see you've been hiding here...! but I found you! ;-)

Happy New Year.....!

Chico...

Kelly C. Hanna
12-30-2008, 10:56 PM
OK...Steve with no beard, Jim with no ponytail and me without my orange liqueur nightcaps [recently nippped the vices down to just beer]...what's next????:eek:

Bruce Page
12-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Hello Chico, nice to see you here. What are you building lately, are you still building beautiful A&C pieces?

Larry Browning
12-30-2008, 11:46 PM
We just arrived home about 20 minutes ago. Here is the much anticipated picture of Steve sans his signature beard.
My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Steve's fabulous shop and meeting his lovely bride.(even thought she was feeling a little under the weather) My visit was WAY too short, but we had pressing business back home. Hopefully I can come for a longer visit the next time. It looks like we may be making another trip to the DFW area fairly soon.
It is always GREAT to meet another Creeker!
BTW: SWMBO really was impressed with Steve's table saw, and since she was taking the pics, she made us move out of the way so you could get a better view of the REALLY important stuff.

Kelly C. Hanna
12-30-2008, 11:54 PM
Yessir, that's one huge saw....I love the enormous sliding table. His saw wouldn't even fit in my shop.

HC "Chico" Sakman Victoria,BC
12-31-2008, 12:06 AM
Yes I still do, I guess. Thanks Bruce.

Here are some samples...

First one is a liquor/wine & display cabinet in bubinga, curly madrone (locally cut, from my private stash!;-) and madrone burl with ebony hardware. Second one is a credenza or sideboard in macassar ebony, inside bird's eye maple.

Chico...

Kelly C. Hanna
12-31-2008, 12:11 AM
Beautiful work Chico!

Bruce Page
12-31-2008, 10:37 AM
Stunning work as always Chico. I would love to see more!

Steve, that's a table saw!