PDA

View Full Version : Fine Woodworking Magazine - Hot Tip

joseph j shields
12-30-2008, 6:31 PM
If you need a subscription to Fine Woodworking... I suggest you checkout MagazineUSA. (I just ordered mine today)

http://www.magazinesusa.com/html/FineWoodworking2227.shtml

Their 1 year rate is the same as everybody else. BUT you can get a 3 year subscription for $69 --- everyplace sells it for ~$83..... a good deal indeed!! (Plus you get to choose a one year subscription for free from a short list of magazines... there are a couple of decent mags... I got Outside Magazine)

Enjoy!!!

-jj

ps their other wood magazines are also good deals EXCEPT for Wood Magazine (best to order it from Wood)

Dave Lehnert
12-30-2008, 7:06 PM
If you need a subscription to Fine Woodworking... I suggest you checkout MagazineUSA. (I just ordered mine today)

http://www.magazinesusa.com/html/FineWoodworking2227.shtml

Their 1 year rate is the same as everybody else. BUT you can get a 3 year subscription for $69 --- everyplace sells it for ~$83..... a good deal indeed!! (Plus you get to choose a one year subscription for free from a short list of magazines... there are a couple of decent mags... I got Outside Magazine)

Enjoy!!!

-jj

ps their other wood magazines are also good deals EXCEPT for Wood Magazine (best to order it from Wood)

My problem is getting Fine woodworking to get my subscription correct. I signed up and they sent me 3 old issues in two days. I complained and they said they would get it figured out. Months went by and did not receive another issue. Complained again. Sent back a message and said the reason I got old issues was the new issue was not available yet. ( I work in a store and the new issue had been on our stand for some time) And they said I was sent the issues I claimed I was missing. A few days later my next issue arrived. They got that my subscription is just about complete and it was late summer when I signed up???????.
I don't care if they give it away. I will never spend another dime with Finewoodoworking.

lamar bailey
12-30-2008, 9:00 PM
I have the online subscription which has 90 percent of each issue online and lots of older content.

I also grab issues at Costco from time to time. Costco price is about the same as a subscription.

Jim Eller
12-30-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm with lamar on this one,

I find the online version of FWW very good and money well spent. Having access to all of the back issues, articles and videos is well worth the price to me.

Every time the new issue comes out I read it and print the articles that appeal to me at the time and have the rest of them available for later if needed.

Just another opinion.

Jim

Paul Demetropoulos
12-31-2008, 12:30 PM
Gee I wish I had read this thread last week when I renewed my subscription for 2 years. I was wondering whether the online version was a better choice.