PDA

View Full Version : Pics of 2 projects..FINALLY!!!

Mark Rios
06-18-2004, 3:51 PM
Here is one of the bread boards and one of the letter openers. Walnut and maple on the bread board and purple heart for the letter opener. On the letter opener the maple has a red cast because I hand rubbed the opener a little before the BLO was cured with a red cloth. Sorry for the pic quality......pics weren't very good to start with and then after scanning...well..........

Anyway, more to come...

Chris Padilla
06-18-2004, 3:56 PM
Nice work, Mark...interestng way to color maple, too! :)

Jim Ketron
06-18-2004, 3:56 PM
Looks like a fine job !!
I havent used purple heart much, but I recently bought a few pen blanks and I think that wood is beautiful.
Jim

Donnie Raines
06-18-2004, 4:16 PM
Good looking Mark....and I thought I heard you say you were no good at this wood working stuff.... :rolleyes: :D

John Olson
06-18-2004, 6:04 PM
I like the letter opener. Purple hart has become my daughters favorite wood. So anything made with purplehart will go on my project list.

Jim Becker
06-18-2004, 9:45 PM
They look GREAT, Mark! Both projects have real flair, too.

Byron Trantham
06-19-2004, 10:34 AM
Very handsome work! :D

Mark Singer
06-19-2004, 11:18 AM
Mark,
Very nice work!

Mark Rios
06-19-2004, 1:28 PM
Ahhhhhhhh...you folks are all too kind. I'm just a hack but I did want to post my share of pics since this forum told me at the begining that members are required to fulfill a pic quota. :D The bread boards were commisions and the letter openers were just for fun and gifts but there are other people, friends and friends of friends and such, that are looking and expressing interest in other work so.....yaaa, that means more time in the shop for me.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement and I promise to post more soon.

Steve Clardy
06-19-2004, 4:07 PM
Looking great Mark!!!
STeve

Dale Thompson
06-21-2004, 9:19 PM
Mark,

You have to be a GENIUS!! Purpleheart chips before you can even get it off the shelf. :mad: :mad: Just ask my yo yos that started out at 4.5" and ended up at 3". ;) I agree, though, it does make beautiful handles and pens. Nice work, guy. :) :)

Dale T.