PDA

View Full Version : Newlydraw versus Corel

Phil Garcia
12-30-2008, 11:30 AM
I have been reading about Newlydraw which is used with the Chinese laser's. I currently use Corel X3. Is Newlydraw that much better than Corel to take the time to learn the program??? What's the opinion out there??

Joe Pelonio
12-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Newlydraw better than Corel?

Almost everyone I have ever heard of that used Newlydraw has eventually used Corel to create files, then export as .ai to it, because it was so difficult to figure out with the typical translation problems from Chinese, and the lack of advanced features.

Phil Garcia
12-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks Joe, I would rather spend my time figuring out how to connect my laser to my home defense system than a new graphics program..LOL:D

Dan Hintz
12-30-2008, 12:39 PM
NewlyDraw is used mainly because it's the only thing that will work with the majority of the smaller laser systems, not because it is better than Corel (comparison-wise, not only are they not in the same city or state, they're not in the same universe!). Most of the off-the-shelf Chinese engravers do not have the intelligence to handle a Corel file, requiring NewlyDraw to practically spoonfeed it movement commands.

Bill Cunningham
12-30-2008, 9:28 PM
The name itself, is probably the result of a Poor Engrish translation :rolleyes: