PDA

View Full Version : Bosch Router Table RA1171

Steve Southwood
12-29-2008, 6:23 PM
I got a Bosch RA1171 Router Table as a gift and was wondering if anybody else had one? If so what can be done to improve this table? Pretty nice little table and would hate to junk it out, right off the bat.

Tom Esh
12-29-2008, 7:03 PM
Been using one for several years. Perfectly serviceable. I've always intended to build a larger one with lift, storage, etc, but it's never gotten to the top of the priority list thanks to the Bosch. Only mods I've made are putting it on a stand with wheels, and boring another hole in the plate for my router's clamp release.

David Beeler
12-29-2008, 9:33 PM
Put a RouterRazer lift on mine and also an Incra Ultra Jig setup. Mounted a wooden rail on each side to give the necessary depth for the Incra.

Bruce Page
12-29-2008, 9:38 PM
It looks like a decent little table – a lot nicer than the Craftsman that I had years ago.
Just use it.

Steve Southwood
12-30-2008, 8:49 AM
Thanks for the replys. I have used it some. Think I will just try and wear it out, before I move up to bigger and better. It has the factory lift built into the router, appears to work OK.

Might go better fence as first option, as I can move that to better table, when the time comes.