PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee 12" SCMS #6955-20 - How do you square up the blade?

Mark Muckelberg
12-29-2008, 5:46 PM
I just purchased the above miter saw. The blade is not square with the table and the manual is terrible. It only saws to loosen 2 scews (T-25) and use a T-25 wrench to make the adjustment, but it doesn't say or illustrate which T-25 screws to use.
Does anyone know what screws Milwaukee is talking about?
Their website was of no help so far.

John Thompson
12-29-2008, 9:44 PM
New miter saw and I doubt many will be familar. Call Milwaukee Tech tomorrow...

Sarge..

phillip grow
10-30-2012, 8:21 AM
Mark, I have exactly the same problem for this very saw I just bought, and the manual is useless. Did you manage to square the blade?

I just purchased the above miter saw. The blade is not square with the table and the manual is terrible. It only saws to loosen 2 scews (T-25) and use a T-25 wrench to make the adjustment, but it doesn't say or illustrate which T-25 screws to use.
Does anyone know what screws Milwaukee is talking about?
Their website was of no help so far.

Joe Angrisani
10-31-2012, 9:15 AM
Phillip...

Don't know if this will help (or if you know already), but a "T-25" is a Torx head screw. The screw head will have a 6-pointed rounded-star-shaped socket on it. It is NOT an allen head (though a T-25 kinda sorta looks about the size of a 4mm-5mm allen). Do not try an allen head socket of any size on any Torx screw; you will strip the Torx.

If you pick up a T-25 socket, maybe it will help to see the T-25s and give a clue to the adjustment. You need a T-25 socket with a male end.