PDA

View Full Version : walnut vase

Terry Achey
12-28-2008, 10:26 PM
My apologies in advance for the photo quality. (that's another challenge for another day). I had a small walnut crotch just large enough to turn this 5" x 5" vase. The piece is really figured nicely. Unfortunately, my photography skills do it no justice. I also got to try out my new branding iron gift :cool:. Thanks for looking.

Terry

Bernie Weishapl
12-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Great looking vase. That is some nice walnut burl. Branding kit looks like it works fine. I need to get one of those. Where did you get it?

Steve Schlumpf
12-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Terry - outstanding piece of wood! Great form and finish! The one photo looking into the vase is like looking into a swirling whirlpool or tornado or something! Love the feeling of motion this vase projects! Exceptional piece! Thanks for sharing!

Terry Achey
12-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Thanks, Bernie and Steve. Specimens like that don't often come along. This wood came from my yard.:)

Bernie, I was at a Woodworking show back in Nov. and met a gentlemen from NH who is a master engraver specializing in branding equipment. Both electric and non-electric. I got the electric version. Dozens and dozens of stock version w/block letters, or customize your own design. My iron is a basic stock symbol with my own signature.

The iron works great. Place it in the drill press and brand your mark, or simply use it by the wooden handle. Glad my wife urged me to order the cool tool!

You can visit his site at brandingequipment.com

Terry