PDA

View Full Version : I've got to gloat, electrical done

Dwain Lambrigger
12-28-2008, 8:17 PM
I just needed to vent my excitement about finishing the electrical in my shop. I am working in a one car garage, and (with my retired electrician FIL) ran a 125 amp sub panel, with 220V outlets for my RAS, table saw and DC. We also added 3 duplex outlets and 1 quad outlet for all the 110 tools that I will need. I just love the idea that I won't need an extention cord in the shop!

Ted Shrader
12-28-2008, 9:06 PM
Dwain -

That is great. You will really appreciate not tangling/tripping over extension cords.

Regards,
Ted

Anthony Smaldone
12-28-2008, 9:39 PM
Im in the middle of doing that now, in my basement shop (soon to be) I ran a 125 amp sub myself, and now im mounting all the boxes and pulling wires. 1/2 the basement will be a family room so I have about 40 outlets and switches to wire.(ick)
The main wiring in the shop will be in pipe...I did it that way in my first shop it's very easy to expand or change. Good luck
Anthony

Michael Schapansky
12-28-2008, 10:52 PM
This seems to be going around. I've put in a new 125amp subpanel and today 3 220v circuits, some conduit and hopefully tomorrow a few boxes.

Don Bullock
12-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Dwain, I know the feeling of finally having adequate power in a shop. Congratulations. I felt the same way when the electrical in my new shop passed inspection. Don't forget to post some pictures of your shop once you get everything "plugged in.":D

Duane McGuire
12-29-2008, 10:28 PM
Hey! Way to go. When you turn on the saw and the tv doesn't go dim, you know you've done something right! It's great when it's done right!