PDA

View Full Version : The Tray...

Ed Sallee
12-28-2008, 5:04 PM
OK, you guys are probably getting tired of looking at this box. But, I did promise to post a picture of the tray when I got it done... It took me a couple days to think about what I wanted to do. This project is officially finished. Going in a box tomorrow and it's off to Washington State as a gift for my nephew & his wife.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn88/evsallee/DSC06694.jpg
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn88/evsallee/DSC06709.jpg

gary Zimmel
12-28-2008, 5:09 PM
Nice Ed, very very nice.

The tray just adds that finishing touch.
I like the way you did the compartments on the 45.
I'm sure someone on the other end is going to be very happy with it.

Thanks for the finished post.

Matt Crew
12-28-2008, 5:11 PM
Wow, tray turned out as beautiful as the box.
Wonderful work.
I could only hope that someday I'll be able to produce quality work such as yours.

Jim Becker
12-28-2008, 5:29 PM
Exquisite workmanship, Ed!

Ron Jones near Indy
12-28-2008, 6:12 PM
Simply beautiful!

Ted Calver
12-28-2008, 11:32 PM
Ed...This was a great project and I thank you for sharing it with us!!

Dewey Torres
12-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Ed,
It may very well have been me who asked for more pics but even if not I thank you for the update. We (or at least, I) are not getting tired of seeing this project. I am looking forward to your next piece!

Thanks for posting.

John Keeton
12-29-2008, 6:43 AM
This really turned out extremely well! This set of pics shows off the finish even better than in the previous thread. Aside from the excellent craftsmanship, your design elements feel so balanced. Really enjoy seeing your boxes.

Ed, you really do some fine work, and these gifts are certainly a blessing to the recipients.

John Schreiber
12-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Really nice work. It shows a lot of thinking going into the production. It would be an honor to receive it as a gift.

John Thompson
12-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Well done, Boxman... Me thinks I will attempt one today after our phone conversation the other day. It would be for my niece before I start a hope chest for her.. Of course I don't have a clue on building anything that small being a big carcass man but.. I got your phone number in case I need the cavalary to come to the rescue. :D

Sarge..

Ed Sallee
12-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments, folks!!! I think that the wood itself deserves the credit on this one....

John... Cavalry? I wore the blue rope on my dress greens, my friend!

John Thompson
12-29-2008, 1:49 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments, folks!!! I think that the wood itself deserves the credit on this one....

John... Cavalry? I wore the blue rope on my dress greens, my friend!

They wouldn't let me "dress up", Ed. They just put me in jungle fatiques... issued ammo.. a Marine issue M-40 sniper rifle (the Army didn't have their own those days) and sent me off to use them where "dressing for success" was not a great priority. :D

Sarge...

Ed Sallee
12-29-2008, 2:55 PM
They wouldn't let me "dress up", Ed. They just put me in jungle fatiques... issued ammo.. a Marine issue M-40 sniper rifle (the Army didn't have their own those days) and sent me off to use them where "dressing for success" was not a great priority. :D

Sarge...

Amen, Brother!