PDA

View Full Version : Picture of inside the cabinet

Dave Johnson29
12-28-2008, 4:54 PM
Hi All,

I want to build a better work table for my laser.

I built the current one by guesswork, as I had not yet found this group and had nothing to go on. I'd like to see what other machine work tables look like.

Can anyone point me at some internal pics of various brands of lasers so I can pick the brains of the options and build the ultimate table! ;);)

Bill Cunningham
12-28-2008, 8:52 PM
I'm sure it was a great picture Dave.. But you forgot to post it!!!:D

Dave Johnson29
01-10-2009, 1:52 PM
I'm sure it was a great picture Dave.. But you forgot to post it!!!:D

Bill, I forgot to follow up on this. :):) I wanted pics of inside other brands of Laser cabinets so I can see what others are using.

I can then copy the good bits and make a table for this one. Mine came without a table and I have made my own motorized lifting mechanism. It all works fine, but I was wondering what other neat tricks I could add.

Bill Cunningham
01-10-2009, 9:46 PM
Ahhh I thought you were posting a pic of the inside of 'your' cabinet.. Mine is the standard Epilog, but I 'did' cut a hole in the side with a door, to allow longer items to be done.. (The second or third time I removed the side to do a long item I figgured I would make a permanent fix). On the TT, you can ONLY put the door on the left side, the other side does not line up with the table correctly..

You Might want to see the youtube vid of a home built table This guy did a great job!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wi4dKAseDCg&feature=related

Steve Clarkson
01-10-2009, 9:58 PM
Bill!!!! I didn't know you could take the side off and stick something in there! Man, I better not hang out with you.....you're dangerous!

Bill Cunningham
01-10-2009, 10:30 PM
I don't know if you can do it with the mini Steve.. Mine is the older TT, and requires a airflow through the front of the cabinet to cool the tube.. The air flow is provided in part by the exhaust blower.. Mike Clarke sold me the machine, and told me it was possible to engrave something long by taking off the side, I just got tired of pulling it off all the time, so, after the warranty expired, the door made a better fix.. When it's running, I cover all the rest of the opening around the object with magnetic sheeting. The Machine cabinet is Aluminum, so I had to glue a metal strip around the opening to both hold the door shut when not in use, and to hold magnetic strips to seal the hole around whatever I had sticking through it, and thereby maintaining the airflow through the machine from the front intake vents.. I was talking to Mike today at the imprint show in Toronto, and he gave me a idea of how to do a good 3d image using my machine,.. The TT driver does not have the 3d power fluctuation driver that the newer ones have.. Just got to find time to experiment a bit...

Steve Clarkson
01-10-2009, 11:49 PM
And while you're doing that, I'll experiment with trying to get an oar in mine!

Larry Bratton
01-11-2009, 10:11 AM
I sometimes remove the front on my EXT to get longer items into it. I have done signs 48" this way. Of course you have to be careful with the graphic to get it oriented correctly when flipping it around, but it does work.

Dave Johnson29
01-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Ahhh I thought you were posting a pic of the inside of 'your' cabinet.

:p:pYeah, when I re-read it, it sounded like that to me too. Sorry. :)

Here's a few pics of it. They are a bit grainy as I had to get in under the 107K limit for the board.

I watched a YouTube yesterday of an Epilog rotary in action. That had some interesting things on the table with the snap-up rules on the edges. Definite food for thought there.

OK, now I am confused. I reduced and saved the pics so that the file size as a JPG compression would be under the 107K limit but when I upload them they show as 9K and 10K. Huh?

Bill Cunningham
01-13-2009, 9:46 PM
:p:pYeah, when I re-read it, it sounded like that to me too. Sorry. :)

Here's a few pics of it. They are a bit grainy as I had to get in under the 107K limit for the board.

I watched a YouTube yesterday of an Epilog rotary in action. That had some interesting things on the table with the snap-up rules on the edges. Definite food for thought there.

OK, now I am confused. I reduced and saved the pics so that the file size as a JPG compression would be under the 107K limit but when I upload them they show as 9K and 10K. Huh?

If it's just for web posting, ignore the size, and save them at least 640x480 72-95 ppi that should keep a .jpg in range, and large enough to show the detail

Dave Johnson29
01-14-2009, 2:23 PM
If it's just for web posting, ignore the size, and save them at least 640x480 72-95 ppi that should keep a .jpg in range, and large enough to show the detail

Thanks Bill.